Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in for an alignment since I just dropped my car. Service rep told me he got 3 of the 4 within factory specs. The front right is where he couldn't get into spec. He said something within the lines that I might need camber kit for the front.

The car does pull right a little, but not that bad. Should I be worried about the specs and get the camber kit for the front?

Front Right
Actual / Before / Specified Range
Camber -1.5 / -1.1 / -0.8 – 0.8
Caster 0.2 / 0.2 / 2.5 – 4.0
Toe 0.06 / -1.41 /-0.08 – 0.08

·
Registered
714 Posts
that image is the same size as an a spec of dust :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Went in for an alignment since I just dropped my car. Service rep told me he got 3 of the 4 within factory specs. The front right is where he couldn't get into spec. He said something within the lines that I might need camber kit for the front.

The car does pull right a little, but not that bad. Should I be worried about the specs and get the camber kit for the front?

Front Right
Yes, your caster is fine ignore that we dont have that adjustment. But you Toe is Fu$%ed thats really bad. Camber is fine as long as its equal on the front and equal on the back.

Your toe is the issue.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, your caster is fine ignore that we dont have that adjustment. But you Toe is Fu$%ed thats really bad. Camber is fine as long as its equal on the front and equal on the back.

Your toe is the issue.
Yea, but after the alignment he got it to 0.06 which is within the specified range. So I'm guessing everything is ok?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Yea, but after the alignment he got it to 0.06 which is within the specified range. So I'm guessing everything is ok?
Have them redo it to get the toe to 0. He's just being lazy. At least tell them to get it closer to 0.

·
-
1,624 Posts

Front Right

Your car must have hit a curb or been in an accident for the castor to be out that much on the front right.
The castor is really out to lunch especially if we are to assume that the front left is in spec.
Castor is a critical alignment spec. Did your mechanic have a look at the front suspension & subframe to see any bent components?

Post up your entire alignment sheet so we can get the whole picture.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The only way the toe would be out that car is if you just replaced a tie rod end, the rack or smashed into a curb.

There's no way you drove with it that far out without noticing. That's far enough out that if you let go of the wheel you'd be off the road in about 3 seconds.

Im also wondering what the casters doing that far out.
Has the car been in an accident. Caster is'nt adjustable on our cars.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts

·
-
1,624 Posts
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg560/junz916/photo-1.jpg
(sorry for the shi**y pic)

This car has been in an accident before, I knew that buying the car. So by looking at the alignment specs, what do you guys think are my options? Will getting a front camber kit fix it? or am I screwed?

Thanks in advance!
The front left camber is out of whack also. It should be in the -1.0 to -2.0 range since you've lowered the car.
On the bright side the tech did a great job on the rear with your rear camber kit.

The car will never handle properly nor go down the road straight with the current situation.
I recommend that you phone around to find an advanced alignment/suspension shop.
1st up is to find out what is causing the front end to be out of alignment.

It could be something simple, bent control arm, control arm mount, bent subrame mount, etc..
It could be more serious that will require the car to go on a frame alignment rack to pull the front end back into alignment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts