Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new member on this site but have been reading a lot of info as i'm looking at a 08 tsx sooo here's the rundown

$15500
2008 TSX 6 speed w/navi
109000km or 67700miles
Local car 1 owner off lease

Car is very clean no scratches every thing works on the inside radio windows interior lights etc. The car feels solid and firm on the freeway no weird noises or clunks in suspension

Brakes are good front appears to have new calipers installed along with rotors rear rotors are a bit rusty but can go for about another 8-10 months rear calipers looking ok

Tires have about 75 % tread left no scratches or curb rash on rims freeway speeds has no vibrations

Transmission shifts smooth no grinding in reverse or any gear for that matter clutch grabs nicely with no signs of slipping

Engine wise is where i get questionable there seems to be an oil leak on the front right side of the engine just below the valve cover i'm hoping its just the gasket there was no leaks under the car the oil is very clean although most likely they just changed it

Soo i was thinking of purchasing the vehicle based on an Acura inspection with any problems repaired for $15500 the dealer has agreed to take it to an Acura dealer for inspection and repairs based on findings free of charge

What would you do?!:dunno::dunno:

any ideas would be great help thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
seems like a good deal:) but yeah would be good to have it inspected engine and oil leak wise..good luck, keep us updated! :wavey:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got off the phone with the dealer the car goes to Acura tomorrow and due to holidays i might not get the inspection results until Wednesday or Thursday :(

im really just hoping there isnt a major problem other then a valve cover gasket or the odd bushing cause it does seem like a nice deal for a clean car..

·
Registered
347 Posts
Seems pretty reasonable for a Canadian car. I've seen 2006s in Vancouver with that kind of mileage going listing for that kind of money.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
That's a very good price for a 08 navi 6mt especially if the carfax is clean. Those usually go for around $18-$19k here although I would be a bit concerned that it was a lease car. People who lease cars usually don't take good care of them as they would if they owned the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a very good price for a 08 navi 6mt especially if the carfax is clean. Those usually go for around $18-$19k here although I would be a bit concerned that it was a lease car. People who lease cars usually don't take good care of them as they would if they owned the car.
You make a good point about the lease, could explain the oil leak hopefully its not too bad once acura looks under the hood. Because the way its looking is this deal is riding on acura's findings

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Yea as long as a reputable mechanic/dealer inspects the car and the carfax is clean, then I say it is a awesome deal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies it really helps put some confidence in the purchase :) hopefully the car checks out good at acura and I will glady sign the papers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
weird, oil leaks arent normal..at least not on these cars.

Glws, looks mint otherwise
Yeah I'm really hoping its just a gasket I mean the car drove good nice and quiet idle .. Well see what acura says later in the week ill keep you guys posted.. :)

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Looks mint and the price is good. Make sure everything checks out before you buy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
*update* acura inspection came back clean I have signed the papers and take delivery this weekend :) !!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Looks exactly like my 07 the day I brought it home. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone I cant wait to pick it up on Friday I'm super excited to get back to driving stick its been a couple of years !! Can't wait Friday can't come soon enough

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
Congrats and welcome!! I knew how that exciting feeling is and I miss that feeling.. Have fun and you will love it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts