Acura TSX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 05 nhbp cl9 sometime last year with around 70k on the vehicle. Since then ive been trying to maintain the car so I can keep it on the road because I absolutely love the car. So far I've managed to change my engine mounts, transmission mounts, brakes all around, radiator flush, spark plugs, serpentine belt, and I still have all new bushings to press in the front. One thing I've neglected is my atf. Now at 120k my car accelerates a bit slower partly because of a cat deficiency code which I need to replace and my trans. Last week I actually bought the atf, filter and crush washer and took it to my regular mechanic who was hesitant. He even took it to a friend at Honda who also advised against it. Because of all the metals and sludge in the fluid the fear of my trans slipping after the fluid flush is what's stopping me. A transmission rebuild was suggested when I begin experiencing problems with it. Can anyone suggest otherwise? Has anyone changed trans fluid this late without any bad experiences?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.