Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other way I could have worded it is:
How easy or hard is it to steal an 07 TSX?

If the answer is "very hard" then I wouldn't use a club. If the answer is a determined thief that knows these models can do it... then I might use a club.

I know some will say a club is pretty worthless anyways- because with a spray can of super cooled nitrogen sprayed into the lock.. a hard hit will cause it to break... or some may say.. a portable tool can cut through a steering wheel in minutes...

I have also rigged up kill switches to the fuel pump on some cars.... Just curious what the thinking is

So what are some of your thoughts on this???

Thanks

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Since you have a 6MT I think a clutch pedal lock is much better.

I used to use one in my 2000 Integra.

Now in my TSX, I have shock sensors, hood sensors, tilt sensors, and LoJack.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Like they say. If someone's wants to steal your, they're going to steal your car. No matter how much you try to prevent it.

An alarm system should do. Any movements done to the car will set it off and chances are, it'll scare the burglar away, but again. If they wanted to steal your car, they'd disable the alarm or pull the battery without triggering the hood pin.

·
-
1,622 Posts
We use a club on our vehicles when we are going to leave it outdoors or overnite away from home.
eg. W/end ski trip where the vehicle will sit unattended all w/end, going to the movies at nite, visiting friends at nite in a questionable neighbourhood, camping with the truck, etc..

IMO, the TSX is desirable to steal because of the desirable Honda 2.4L engine & 6 speed trans.
It does have the RFID/Chip key security system but there is a way around that.

The best thing about the club on your steering wheel is that it's so visible. Hopefully they will leave your car alone & move on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you are worried about theft then yes use the club and any other security measure that u can think of, every step they have to take is more of a chance someone will see them or you can get to the car before they take it

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
I use the club for the brake pedal... But again if they want they will take it on a flat bed and done deal...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts