Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
CERTIFIED JDM KING
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, my buddy and I tried to put the jdm bumper on, but we couldn't get it to fit on the car (06 tsx) after so many attempts. We then, begin to question whether the bumper is an actual tsx bumper or not. Could someone chime in please because I really want to run my setup.

·
Jon Daily Boulevard
5,554 Posts
From the pictures you provided, it does in fact appear to be an '04-'05 TSX bumper. It should fit your '06 without any problems at all.

Perhaps the styrofoam padding from the original car is still stuck inside the bumper. Check that. If that's not it, it may be the fact that it's a JDM bumper and might require the JDM crash bar.

Someone else chime in?

·
Registered
407 Posts
From the pictures you provided, it does in fact appear to be an '04-'05 TSX bumper. It should fit your '06 without any problems at all.

Perhaps the styrofoam padding from the original car is still stuck inside the bumper. Check that. If that's not it, it may be the fact that it's a JDM bumper and might require the JDM crash bar.

Someone else chime in?
^ u sir are correct....that is a 04-05 tsx front bumper

·
Registered
17 Posts

Someone else chime in?
Yeah, i've had problems putting back on my 04-05 bumper because it wasn't reaching. And it was because of the styrofoam wasn't in its correct place. It could be something as simple as making sure that the styrofoam is in its correct position.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
If I read this correctly this is an 04-05 JDM front bumper?

If thats correct you need the JDM bumper support as well. You may be able to modify the one you have but im not sure on that. All of the guys that do this swap use the JDM support.

Nice pickup though, GL on the install!

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
You don't need a JDM support bar to install this bumper. I have it on my car and it fits perfectly. Just check the styrofoam and maybe tape it on to the support bar so it doesn't move around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.