Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says.

I just installed my 6000K HID kit and was a little bit unsure of the best place to put the ballasts.

Ideas? DIY? Pictures tell a thousand words.

cheers:ghost:

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
I dont have pics but I stashed it right under the headlight. I've seen some people use double sided tape and put it vertically below the headlights.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I mounted mine in the OEM location with the brackets it came with. Just modified them a little bit but it holds well. HTH.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry to clarify not the fogs, the main lights

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Unless someone specifically documented their hid-fog install, you'll need some luck to get some pics.

What I did was mount the ballasts to 10mm bolt behind the bumper. The passenger one, I recall was using the bolt holding the bottom of the windshield washer fluid reservoir. The driver side was another 10mm behind the rebar. You can pretty much use any 10mm on the chassis in that area.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Our TSX come with OEM kits so all we have to do is change out the bulbs if we want different color temp. The Accord Sport model doesn't come with xenon?

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Our TSX come with OEM kits so all we have to do is change out the bulbs if we want different color temp. The Accord Sport model doesn't come with xenon?
Correct.. the Accord Euro non lux and Sport do not come with HID lights.

I'll have a look at the wifes luxury to see where the factory mounting is.

·
Jon Daily Boulevard
5,554 Posts
Oh ok, in that case the OEM TSX ballasts are mounted directly to the bottom of the headlight housing itself. The three mounting points are already there. But, a large hole for the center of the ballast will have to be drilled out of the bottom of the headlight housing in order to feed the ballast wires through.

FYI, if you are mounting OEM Honda ballasts they will have to be year specific in order for them to be a direct fit.

Also, I know there are mounting and design differences between the pre-facelift and facelifted TSX. I am unsure if the same difference exists for your Accords.

But if you go aftermarket HID you can pretty much mount the ballasts anywhere you want. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts