Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some people have switched out there gears with the si before but i cant seem to find the threads not sure if im using the right terms.

I not 100 if the Si tranny would fit but i dont see why it wont.

I know the ratios are different on the Si compared to the TSX but how would i make it work is my question. has someone already done this?

will vsa still work, will cruise control still work, will my rpm/mph be off. also the si has lsd, how would i make that work in.

PS im a noob. im just going off the top of my head and knowledge that i know of.

here are the ratios if some people dont know.

Civic Si Transmission:
1st: 3.267
2nd: 2.130
3rd: 1.517
4th: 1.147
5th: 0.921
6th: 0.659
Reverse: 3.583
Final Drive: 4.76

TSX transmission:
1st: 3.27
2nd: 1.88
3rd: 1.36
4th: 1.03
5th: 0.83
6th: 0.66
Reverse: 3.58
Final Drive: 4.76

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
The LSD is no problem, just an awesome upgrade. Your speedometer will be off because i believe it is calculated through 3rd gear, which will also trick your ecu and it will freak out when you try to use cruise control. I do know that the casing is a bit different, so you will need to get a custom mount.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The LSD is no problem, just an awesome upgrade. Your speedometer will be off because i believe it is calculated through 3rd gear, which will also trick your ecu and it will freak out when you try to use cruise control. I do know that the casing is a bit different, so you will need to get a custom mount.
Just to rectify some of the info here...

LSD is really an AWESOME upgrade on the TSX and fits directly in the TSX transmission.

The speed is calculated with the 3rd gear rotation and the Si is a little shorter so the speedometer reads a little high. But, the difference is not that much so cruise control works fine. With FlashPro or Dakota digital you can correct the speedometer.

The cases ARE different as the TSX has different mounts. From this, the only thing to do is to swap the whole internals into the TSX casing. The K20 transmission will bolt on the block but, mounting points are different so it will not fit the subframe.

In resume, find a Si transmission, swap internals into the TSX casing and ENJOY!

Hope this helps, if you have any question feel free to ask, I have done this swap myself and enjoy it so much now...

J~

·
Registered
710 Posts
The Dakota unit does not work as well as I expected, it will bring your speedometer close to the factory settings but not as accurate as the one from factory.
Because if you want more accuracy the CC will not engage.
But if you are set it a little less accurate (compared with factory) the CC will engage.
Still not sure why it does that...

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was pretty close :)
I read alot of stuff about this on the site we shall not discuss lol
Just wanted to give more info and help people of this community.
And yeah, never mention the other site here... LOL

The Dakota unit does not work as well as I expected, it will bring your speedometer close to the factory settings but not as accurate as the one from factory.
But if you are set it a little less accurate (compared with factory) the CC will engage.
Hi Dinoc,

If I remember correctly you swapped from a 4.3 final drive to a 4.7 right?
I think this is why you have more trouble because your gearing has changed a lot compared to a Si swap into a TSX which are both 4.7. Still not sure why the Dakota is not fixing your problem.

My cruise control never worked after my swap because I broke my reel assembly in the steering but, my friend did it and his cruise worked well.

J~

·
Registered
710 Posts
Well I'm looking towards Flashpro so will see if that fixes as I want.

·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice, thanks for the reply guys. Really good information.

If I were to pick up the replacement dash how off will the mph/rpm?

And of I were to pick up a flash pro how would I fix the problem there? I would just edit the gear ratio setting or something? Sorry I've never seen the flash pro program or even messed with any tuning with my car.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nice, thanks for the reply guys. Really good information.

If I were to pick up the replacement dash how off will the mph/rpm?

And of I were to pick up a flash pro how would I fix the problem there? I would just edit the gear ratio setting or something? Sorry I've never seen the flash pro program or even messed with any tuning with my car.

From what I observed it is around 5% different.

In FlashPro you have speedometer correction in % if I remember correctly. Been a while i opened the software and played with it because my car is still stored.

·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From what I observed it is around 5% different.

In FlashPro you have speedometer correction in % if I remember correctly. Been a while i opened the software and played with it because my car is still stored.
Hmmm. I see thanks for the reply. Just debating of I would go with just the replacement dash or the flashpro when I commit to doing this

Most likely just the replacement because I have an 04 ecu I would have to buy a 06-08 and flashpro but then yet have more of a tunable option. Just gotta pay to play I guess...

·
Registered
325 Posts
This seems to be common in the non USDM CL9's when changing the final drive, as discussed in the other thread. To my knowledge, none of the USDM CL9's running altered internals, with or without the SGI-5, have lost cruise; myself included. Hopefully we can get it working for you.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The CC works for me with Dakota unit and bigger final drive but not as accurate as I want.
Let me explain better, out of the factory and stock final drive, the accuracy of speedometer is like 100 km/h on speedo is 98 km/h on GPS.

With Dakota unit at 100km/h on speedo I have 95km/h on speedo but the CC works.

But if I set the Dakota unit to be more accurate the CC will not work anymore ... I don't know why ...

So the Dakota unit and CC should work for you too if you will set it right.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been reading up on this as I am very interested.

The tranny will bolt onto the K24, however due to different mounting points the SI Tranny (PNN4) will not mount onto the subframe of the TSX directly. Maybe someone has fabricated a custom mount?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.