Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Press

January 6, 2005

CALGARY (CP) - A game-worn jersey from the world junior championship by hockey phenom Sidney Crosby has fetched a bid of over $14,000 in an on-line auction by Hockey Canada.

Crosby's jersey had fetched a bid of $14,101 as of 5:40 p.m. EST and the bidding's not done. The auction on eBay Canada for Crosby's jersey wraps up at 5:40 p.m. EST Saturday.

Team Canada game-worn jerseys, gloves and helmets from the world junior hockey championship, as well as other items, are up for bid on eBay Canada and www.hockeyCanada.ca, with proceeds from the auction going to both the Canadian Hockey Foundation and south Asian tsunami relief efforts.

Canadian captain Michael Richards has fetched the second-highest bid among his teammates, his game-worn jersey getting a bid of over $2,500. The deadline for his bidding is 5:05 p.m. EST Saturday.

Tournament MVP Patrice Bergeon's jersey had a $2,200 bid and star defenceman Dion Phaneuf's jersey was at $2,100 at last check.

Over $40,000 was raised from a similar auction by Hockey Canada from last year's world junior championship.

© The Canadian Press 2005

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Joker said:
Canadian Press

January 6, 2005

CALGARY (CP) - A game-worn jersey from the world junior championship by hockey phenom Sidney Crosby has fetched a bid of over $14,000 in an on-line auction by Hockey Canada.

Crosby's jersey had fetched a bid of $14,101 as of 5:40 p.m. EST and the bidding's not done. The auction on eBay Canada for Crosby's jersey wraps up at 5:40 p.m. EST Saturday.

Team Canada game-worn jerseys, gloves and helmets from the world junior hockey championship, as well as other items, are up for bid on eBay Canada and www.hockeyCanada.ca, with proceeds from the auction going to both the Canadian Hockey Foundation and south Asian tsunami relief efforts.

Canadian captain Michael Richards has fetched the second-highest bid among his teammates, his game-worn jersey getting a bid of over $2,500. The deadline for his bidding is 5:05 p.m. EST Saturday.

Tournament MVP Patrice Bergeon's jersey had a $2,200 bid and star defenceman Dion Phaneuf's jersey was at $2,100 at last check.

Over $40,000 was raised from a similar auction by Hockey Canada from last year's world junior championship.

© The Canadian Press 2005
Wow! Well, I'm going back up there at the end of the month and hope I can catch one of his games near where I will be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
$14000 for his jersey? That's just nuts. I do not doubt his talent, but I'll gladly jump on Crosby's wagon when he proves himself in the big leagues (if there is ever a NHL to watch). He's proclaimed to be be the next one. All I can say is remember Alexander Daigle? He was supposed to be the next Mario Lemieux. Enuff said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts