Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I just went to the dealer today and bough a new TSX.

My only problem is that the financing hasn't been completed yet. Right now it's staying in the shop to add the splash guards. I went ahead and signed the long contract and the DMV stuff, and I'm supposed to pick the car up tomorrow (they already gave me a key+manual).

I'm a bit leery here that they're going to pull a fast one, a "yo-yo" as the Consumer Reports magazine calls it. I don't have much of a credit history so I'm putting $20,000 down and borrowing $10,000 with 0.9% (Acura's special).

They're all saying it's going to go through, but worse comes to worse I'll need to drag my parents in to co-sign (or buy it outright with cash, but I want to build a credit history). What should I look out for when I go in tomorrow? Additional thoughts?

The best thing would be is that everything's good and that I upload pictures of the car onto the forums tomorrow. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
they'll try to upsell you on extended warranty, paint protection, anti-theft body panel stickers/etching., and etc. Listen to their offer and politely decline. If you do want the extended warranty, still decline it, because they will offer it to you at a much lower price either immediately or after running through the rest of the "upsell" items. Then you can accept it at a lower price. Other than that, you should be good. And DO NOT buy any accessories. They can be easily bought online at a 20-30% discount.
Good luck! Hopefully you are paying invoice or below for you car, since anything above is a rip off.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Financing

With what you are putting down as payment towards the vehicle you should get an interest rate @ 3.9 or below. Unless you have bad credit.... Hopefully, you can get the 0.9. You do not have to finance through the dealer. Tell them you are going to shop rates and get back with them. They want to close the deal. If they cannot get 0.9 tell them to lower the cost of the car so your payments would be the same as 0.9. Remember there are more cars than buyers or the lots would be empty.

Edmunds confession of a car salesman:

Confessions of a Car Salesman — Edmunds.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Everything turned out ok - got the 0.9%. I'm gonna upload a pic soon.

Base model, 30K OTD (Los Angeles, CA), Black on black, +mats, splash guards, wheel locks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats

A lot of folks will chime in and tell you they got a better deal or you paid too much. Ignore them. There will always be a person that has a better story or worse story regardless of the topic.

Enjoy the car and enjoy the forum. I have been her since Dec and I really like it over the BMW website that I had used when I had my 5 series.

:festive:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ready for pics

Post em man :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a VERY crude cellphone pic, I plan to do a proper photoshoot some time this weekend. Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
OOH,ITS A SEXY BEAST...

I have the same,but badged as a Honda Accord Euro ,2011 model in Silver in Australia,and I LUV it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A lot of folks will chime in and tell you they got a better deal or you paid too much. Ignore them. There will always be a person that has a better story or worse story regardless of the topic.

You might be wrong on this one :)
$28,494.00 invoice + 9.75% sales tax = $31,272, so if he paid $30K out the door...that's actually a smoking deal!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts