Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have a Hondata IM gasket was there any silicone that needs to be used on the install or can you just pop out the old gasket and place the Hondata one in its place.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it says you have to bleed the coolant, after turning the heating controls all the way to high will it drain all of the coolant or just the coolant from the block? anyone know?

·
-
1,597 Posts
He mentioned the Hondata intake manifold insulator gasket which goes between the head & the intake manifold which includes a coolant passage.

He will have to drain the coolant, open up the drain on the rad & let it drain into a bucket. Then remove the intake manifold, clean the mating surfaces, no need for silicon sealer or any other gasket sealer.

Then refill the coolant, (I would recomend using new coolant), run the engine & bleed it. Jacking up the nose of the car helps to bleed the air out of the system thru the rad cap.

If you mean the insulator gasket between the upper & lower intake manifold, there are no coolant passages involved there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you never ever put silicone on a img or for that matter any gasket the rule is either or. you use a gasket or silicone sealer. i have been a honda master tech for 15 years and thats a no no. i hate when a car comes in with that all over the gaskets

1 - 11 of 11 Posts