Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ridiculously good looking
646 Posts
if you want to do something yourself, I would say add an intake. If you want best bang for buck, I'd say a Hondata reflash. You can search for those two parts and see what you prefer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thicker rear sway bar. Lower it 1-2". Remove the resonator. Remove "B" Exhaust resonator = How the TSX should have been shipped.

Drives much better IMO. Sounds a little throatier, nothing harsh or annoying. Sweet sweet ride!

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,659 Posts
Start replacing your lights with LED lights. Much brighter then stock and simple to do.

·
Registered
217 Posts
For performance, Id say do the Hondata ECU reflash first. Best bang for your buck mod. I actually plan on doing this very soon. Then add an intake and TL-S rear swaybar.

For interior, I recommend Strutking pedals and a Maven countersunk shift knob. They look great when paired together. Then continue to upgrade the shifting with a Comptech short shifter, Hybrid Racing shift link bushings, Fastline steel braided clutch line, and new shifter base bushings. Huge drivability improvement (if you own a 6 speed)

If you plan on lowering the car, an Ingalls rear camber kit is a great addition to keep your alignment in spec.

And for overall looks, I agree with Obert. DiodeDynamics make some great quality lighting products. Theyre relatively cheap, easy to install, and look great (like a new expensive car lol). I did the interior bulb kit and plan on doing the exterior bulb kit soon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
And for overall looks, I agree with Obert. DiodeDynamics make some great quality lighting products. Theyre relatively cheap, easy to install, and look great (like a new expensive car lol). I did the interior bulb kit and plan on doing the exterior bulb kit soon.
Hey Delmar what stage DiodeDynamics LED's did you go with? I am about to change my interior bulbs but not looking to go to bright with the LED's.

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Everyone pretty much summed up what I was gunna say. In no particular order: tint, intake, LED interior conversion, Hondata ECU reflash, and Progress or TL-S sway bar. After that, start looking into coilovers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2004-2005 TL rims look great and will give you 20mm extra width and sit flush with the fenders

Coolant bypass mod on throttle body is free and will keep intake charge temps down.

Most power gains in the TSX will be found with basic intake and exhaust mods. Cheapo Fujita intake sounds amazing and returns great gains. Both intake and the exhaust manifold are quite restrictive, so look there first.

Stainless braided brake lines are a nice touch.

UR underdrive pulleys lighten the rotating mass and underdrive around 20%, a welcome feature given the short gears.

Good luck and drive safe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Curious will an RBC IM clear in the engine bay? Just from the two days I've owned mine and looked under the hood I'm not sure of the Rbc would work. Seems like it would hit. The radiator.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I believe i went with the Stage 1 interior lights and im very happy with the outcome. Nice crystal clear white look versus the yellowish oem lights. The only bulb that doesnt seem too bright is the glovebox light and possibly the trunk light. The guys at Diode Dynamics recommend at least a Stage 2 for those. I shouldve listened lol.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I would recommend a good set of tires. Either a good summer brand or all-season depending on you location/weather/tire storage. Good tires will improve handling, grip, acceleration, and braking. Bridgestone 960s and Conti DWS work good from me in NM.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Depending on how much you want to spend and if youre AT or MT , i have an 08 MT and i think my first mod was Hybrid Racing Shifter Bushings ( $70 ) & Solid Aluminum Shifter Base Bushings ( $20 ), then TL-S Rear Sway Bar HUGE CORNERING IMPROVEMENT NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AND AFFORDABLE ( around $60 unless u **** up your endlinks like i did ) !!! , Removed trunk lift support springs changed them out for the gas springs ( tutorial in 1st gen DIY ) ( about $30-$40) , Alba Engineering Sports Shifter ( about $175 if i remeber right ), MAVEN Countersunk Stainless Steel Shift Knob ( $70) ( do the cable and base bushings along with the shift knob and shifter if youre going to do them all might as well do them all at once and save yourself some time ) Tint ( price varies ) , upgrade rear 6x9 speakers to something better ( i used Alpine 6x9s i had laying around the house NIGHT AND DAY difference in bass response, sounds like i have a sub cost about $40 ) i wouldnt bother with Hondata Flash Pro untill you actually have headers/exhaust, you can get a intake for about $150-$200 and run it without tuning the ecu as there is no necessity to do so, you will want to tune for sure tough if you have headers and exhaust. Trunk cargo net $30, Trunk All Weather Mat ( varies you can get used ones for $50-$70 ) LED Interior lights ( i used V-LEDs for my license plate lights about $5-$10 ) then you will have to look into more expensive things like Coils, Wheels, Camber, Header, Exhaust, Reflash, etc etc etc. also another fairly priced "MOD" get your car detailed somewhere where they know what they are doing ( LOOK UP REVIEWS !!!! )

·
Registered
539 Posts
Where's a good place to get the cargo net from for a 2005?
The OEM TSX cargo net is pretty much junk:
- doesn't hold much,
- always in the way,
- have to take down to put large items in trunk,
- heavy things flop out
- have to cut into the trunk material to install net anchor points

The best net for the TSX is the Nissan 350Z cargo net for about $37 on Amazon: Amazon.com: Nissan Genuine 350Z Cargo Net: Automotive

I fits perfectly between the four hooks in the trunk, has a clam shell design to hold stuff inside or under the net. Zero issues putting stuff on top of the net if you don't need it. I purchase D-Ring Carabiners also to connect the net to the TSX rings. Most cargo nets have plastic clips that can be hard to put on/off if you need to get to something in the spare tire well.

Pic shows both 350Z spread eagle and the upright OEM TSX net NEW.

Pics taken today after few years of normal use:

·
Registered
2012 Acura TL
3 Posts
I am not a pro in modifications and have only done these so far and I can say that I am pleased with the result.
Here are a few 2012 Acura TL mods to get you started:

1. Suspension upgrade - The TL's suspension is good, but it could be better. A suspension upgrade will improve the car's handling and make it more fun to drive.

2. Wheels and tires - A set of aftermarket wheels and tires can really improve the look of your TL. Plus, a wider tire will give you better traction and performance.

3. Engine mods - There are a few engine mods that can really wake up the TL's engine. A cold air intake and a performance exhaust are two of the best mods you can do.

4. Body kit - A body kit can make your TL look really aggressive. Plus, it'll help improve the car's aerodynamics.

5. Interior mods - There are a few interior mods that can make your TL more comfortable and stylish. A new set of seats, a new steering wheel, and some new gauges are all great mods to consider.

These are just a few of the many mods that you can do to your 2012 Acura TL. To search for modifications to my car, I used 2012 Acura TL Mods & Upgrades. As you can see, there are plenty of ways to improve the car's performance, handling, and style.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts