Acura TSX Forum banner

Simple mods for a first gen

22K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  misterx 
Depending on how much you want to spend and if youre AT or MT , i have an 08 MT and i think my first mod was Hybrid Racing Shifter Bushings ( $70 ) & Solid Aluminum Shifter Base Bushings ( $20 ), then TL-S Rear Sway Bar HUGE CORNERING IMPROVEMENT NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AND AFFORDABLE ( around $60 unless u **** up your endlinks like i did ) !!! , Removed trunk lift support springs changed them out for the gas springs ( tutorial in 1st gen DIY ) ( about $30-$40) , Alba Engineering Sports Shifter ( about $175 if i remeber right ), MAVEN Countersunk Stainless Steel Shift Knob ( $70) ( do the cable and base bushings along with the shift knob and shifter if youre going to do them all might as well do them all at once and save yourself some time ) Tint ( price varies ) , upgrade rear 6x9 speakers to something better ( i used Alpine 6x9s i had laying around the house NIGHT AND DAY difference in bass response, sounds like i have a sub cost about $40 ) i wouldnt bother with Hondata Flash Pro untill you actually have headers/exhaust, you can get a intake for about $150-$200 and run it without tuning the ecu as there is no necessity to do so, you will want to tune for sure tough if you have headers and exhaust. Trunk cargo net $30, Trunk All Weather Mat ( varies you can get used ones for $50-$70 ) LED Interior lights ( i used V-LEDs for my license plate lights about $5-$10 ) then you will have to look into more expensive things like Coils, Wheels, Camber, Header, Exhaust, Reflash, etc etc etc. also another fairly priced "MOD" get your car detailed somewhere where they know what they are doing ( LOOK UP REVIEWS !!!! )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.