Acura TSX Forum banner

121 - 140 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Considering a new wheel setup. Looking at some 17x9 +38 and keeping my 225/45 tires. Anyone running this setup? Anything to be concerned about? Current wheel specs 17x8 +35.
Any rubbing issues with 17x8 et35 and 225/45 tires?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Recently visited some friends in VA Beach for the Springfest car meet by Sumospeed. This is one of the best car events on the east coast. It is a definite go to for anyone that hasn't ever been. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #127 (Edited)
Had some home projects going on this past weekend. Who else to have come help than my dad in his Big Orange Express van...hahaha! Diesel power!!

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #128 (Edited)
Some photos taken from our Attack the Dragon event on October, 7th 2017. Photos taken by our sponsor Killboy.com. This event takes place on US Highway 129 on the NC/TN state line.

If you aren't familiar with US Highway 129, aka "The Dragon", here's a map...

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hi I have a question about the Samco tube. I have a hard time fitting it to Icebox, do you have any tip?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Hi I have a question about the Samco tube. I have a hard time fitting it to Icebox, do you have any tip?
If you bought the correct one for the TSX, you can try applying a small amount of used oil on the inside of the intake that should help.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Someone should revive it! I live on the eastern side of the country and I loved NWP. It needed a little more activity for the Accords/TSXs. I've got a friend trying to revive forums. Check out Noblegarage.us. Post up some build threads. Help spread the word. More and more things are being added each day.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Small update. Timing chain and tensioner failed on me. Probably should have taken notice of it earlier. But it appears I have avoided catastrophe because the cams are only one tooth out of time. My car is just sitting until I have the time to work on it. Until then, I'm driving a 2007 Dodge Ram Hemi....15 mpgs!! I miss my car...haha!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Small update. Timing chain and tensioner failed on me. Probably should have taken notice of it earlier. But it appears I have avoided catastrophe because the cams are only one tooth out of time. My car is just sitting until I have the time to work on it. Until then, I'm driving a 2007 Dodge Ram Hemi....15 mpgs!! I miss my car...haha!!
Wow this is pretty rare - they're usually really durable. It was the OEM original one right?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Wow this is pretty rare - they're usually really durable. It was the OEM original one right?
Not terribly rare. I think the maintenance schedule on it is about 110,000-120,000. Mine made it to 156,000. I've seen a lot of posts of the tensioner failing and timing chains being stretched.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
Finally got around to installing this new VC...

So I refuse to let social media destroy forums. I'll continue to add to my build thread as long as TSXclub is running.
Damn someone else with a set of the blue Samco hoses. Don't see those everyday.

Car looks good.

121 - 140 of 163 Posts