Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My search did not answer my question, so I was wondering if anybody has successfully installed a single DIN radio in the storage area under the a/c controls? I was going to pick up an extra storage bin from a wrecked TSX and I would like to keep the new radio out of sight. If anybody has any information, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
6SPD TSX 2X
18 Posts
I know people have done this, you can see it just by searching Google Images. My question is can you simply buy a wiring harness and hook it up to the existing wiring, disconnect the factory head unit, and just leave it in place? Also if that did work, I wonder if my steering wheel controls would work. "/

·
Registered
68 Posts
I used the factory mp3 kit - 2005 Acura TSX MP3/WMA/CD-A Player

Acura Part# 08B06-SEC-210 $69.00

Randyp63 - I would love to do what you are talking about. It looks possible and fairly easy. You would have to cut off the back half of the pocket to allow the radio to sink in deeper. You would also have to remove some material from the front of the opening (yellow arrows) as the radio chassis is slightly larger than the opening. The tricky part would be trying to remove all this material, but keep all the plastic mounting tabs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.