Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am fairly still new to cars.

I am wondering how I can convert from duel exhaust to single?

what are the steps? what do I have to change or get custom welds?

thank you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why do you want to do this. And if i remember correctly and youre okay with stock piping it should be pretty simple (just removing one side and capping it off) but ill double check when i get home.
1st gen right?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you want to do this. And if i remember correctly and youre okay with stock piping it should be pretty simple (just removing one side and capping it off) but ill double check when i get home.
1st gen right?

I am doing this because I am getting a tune soon and also like the aesthetics of a single exhaust. Also because it's not a V8 engine so I don't see the point in a duel exhaust rather than just reducing the full power potential.

thank you for replying!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am doing this because I am getting a tune soon and also like the aesthetics of a single exhaust. Also because it's not a V8 engine so I don't see the point in a duel exhaust rather than just reducing the full power potential.

thank you for replying!
Well yes, its pretty simple if youre keeping stock piping. Cant recall which side, but one muffler is part of a very long and large section and the other bolts up to it as a second branch as a much smaller. Not too familar with non stock exhaust setups but i think youd be able to just unbolt the smaller side and bold up a cover that you could prbly make yourself. No promises about performance or sound tho.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well yes, its pretty simple if youre keeping stock piping. Cant recall which side, but one muffler is part of a very long and large section and the other bolts up to it as a second branch as a much smaller. Not too familar with non stock exhaust setups but i think youd be able to just unbolt the smaller side and bold up a cover that you could prbly make yourself. No promises about performance or sound tho.

thank you my friend haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
TruBendz sells pre fabricated piping kit for single exit. Just choose your muffler and resonator. I was gonna do it too because it makes more sense but I can't stand how it looks with one pipe out

·
Registered
16 Posts
TruBendz sells pre fabricated piping kit for single exit. Just choose your muffler and resonator. I was gonna do it too because it makes more sense but I can't stand how it looks with one pipe out
Ill second the one pipe thing, tried it in highschool and ended up ruining my car and having to spend 4500 just to get it back to factory cus i couldnt stand the lack of power, sound and look of 1 pipe but 2 holes in the bumper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
Killerpanda
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing