Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

i have a 2004 tsx. i was installing the skunk 2 racing intake manifold and got to the end of the install, and then noticed that the upper rad hose now goes right through where the throttle body is now located. I have heard you need to use an upper rad hose from a civic si w/ k20 motor to have the hose clear the throttle body?

is this true or does anyone have any other ways to solve this issue?

i was also wondering if you can cap off the egr vacumn hose that normally goes into the egr plate on the oem manifold as with the skunk2 manifold there is no longer a egr plate...

any help is greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have the 307-05-0320 model.

there are two items that i am trying to figure out-

1) when the intake is installed, the throttle body is now in a position that the upper radiator hose does not clear it. I have heard if you use an 06+civic si upper rad hose that this will clear the throttle body?

2)the oem manifold (which is a 2 piece manifold) has an EGR plate on it with a vacumn hose going into it. I have been told you can just cap off the vacumn line and it will work fine?

i called Skunk 2 and asked them, but basically they didnt give me any information...and the manifold did not come with instructions or an application guide...

any help is appreciated...

·
Registered
722 Posts
pictures??

how much different in shape is the skunk2 to an rbc or rrc?

they clear the radiator hose just fine.

also check the link in my signature for reference pictures etc for fitting the rrc it might help

·
Registered
976 Posts
There is an RSX Type-s version that I believe is different than the Si version.. I'm not 100% but I don't think its the same. I had issues selling my Si version to RSX guys. I'll try to find pictures of my old setup when I used the Skunk2 mani. Mine cleared my rad/rad hose just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.