Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
DIY link how to change the boot? lol im little slow ahha
you changed your short shifter man this should be super easy for you lol.

1. Unscrew shift knob
2. pop the console trim surrounding shifter. (I pull by the not an ashtray area with one hand, stick hand under the e brake opening)
3. Trim will have shift boot attached by 8-10 clips (i forget) on the inside. Unclip, clip new one (depending on if the new boot has clips on it or not).

Once you pop that trim piece off just by looking at it, is self explanatory.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mind telling us where you got that shift boot? Looks great btw
Its a JDM style shift boot, got it off ebay. It is universal so I had to cut it myself. It ended up costing me $9.

DIY link how to change the boot? lol im little slow ahha
First unscrew shift knob. There is a counter locking nut underneath the shift knob I just held onto the shift knob and loosened off the nut and the shift knob spun off easily. Then you want to take off the centre console, I pulled on the side closest to "not an ashtray" and the front 4 clips came off. You will need to use some force but be careful. Then pull where the ebrake is, and then the other 2 back clips should come off. There are 4 screws holding down the shift boot. you want to undo those screws. There is a white plastic "thing" that the shift boot is stapled to, all you have to do is pull off the shift boot and staple it back onto the plastic "thing" and screw it back into place. Sorry for calling it a "thing" I don't think theres a name for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.