Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Did some searching and couldn't find anything so here we go:

I've recently noticed a slight shaking, almost a shutter, while I am accelerating. It only happens in third gear, and its most noticeable between 2k and 3k rpm. The weird thing is its less noticeable when I floor the accelerator and I can only really feel it when I'm accelerating at a normal driving pace.

I dont think its the axles cuz it'd be in all gears, right? The only other things I can think of are motor mounts starting to go or maybe something in the transmission.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Id say transmission related, if it was motor mounts you would probably feel it in another gear.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So driving home from work today i couldnt swore i felt the same thing happening in 2nd gear, but in a slightly higher rpm range, ~2.5-3.5k rpm. But it wasnt nearly as noticeable as when it happens in 3rd gear.

Again, any input or advice as to what it may be would be very helpful. I really dont know wth could be causing it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have same thing. when i accelerate in second and third gear i feel vibration in my seat. i think it is motor mount. if you decide to replace let us know. there are many people with same symptoms.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i to had a really bad vibration at the 50-60mph range while accelarating. i replace the right axle and the vibration is almost all gone. I can still feel it a bit.

It's the second time I replace the axle for the same reason. Last time was about 10 months ago. The vibration came back 1 month ago and been getting worst everyday.

Choo

·
Fresh As F*uck
190 Posts
I had the same issue with the 3rd gear as it would shake, i ended up changing the transmission fluid and the problem went away

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, i just did a tranny fluid change last year... Although shifting has been getting less smooth again too... i'm gonna bring my car in for 100k tune up this week or next and tell them about the shake. I'll let you know what they say/do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts