Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Bought the car a couple weeks ago. It's a 2004 aspec TSX.

3 things:
1) On WOT the car makes a whistle type of noise around 5800+ all the way to redline, and after about 6200rpm some sort of weird noise comes from just behind the glovebox. Is this normal?

2) Fuel guage makes a little noise on startup and shutdown. Seems to be working fine though so very minor.

3) on some rainy days the VSA light comes on. Doesn't blink, just stays on but goes off when the car shuts down. Is this normal? My friends 06 apparently just blinks and turns of once the car gets traction again.

I've researched and the first one it seems like people say it has something to do with the sideskirt mounting. second people say it's normal and not worth the dealer warranty since they'll replace the cluster and it'll be out of sync mileage wise.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi guys,

Bought the car a couple weeks ago. It's a 2004 aspec TSX.

3 things:
1) On WOT the car makes a whistle type of noise around 5800+ all the way to redline, and after about 6200rpm some sort of weird noise comes from just behind the glovebox. Is this normal?

2) Fuel guage makes a little noise on startup and shutdown. Seems to be working fine though so very minor.

3) on some rainy days the VSA light comes on. Doesn't blink, just stays on but goes off when the car shuts down. Is this normal? My friends 06 apparently just blinks and turns of once the car gets traction again.

I've researched and the first one it seems like people say it has something to do with the sideskirt mounting. second people say it's normal and not worth the dealer warranty since they'll replace the cluster and it'll be out of sync mileage wise.
1.) http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-problems-fixes/6982-strange-sound-during-vtec-engagement-resolution-post-40-a.html

3.) You may have a problem with your VSA and/or sensor.

Number 2 I am completely unaware of and I can't really point you in the right direction. It does sound very minor though. Is the car an automatic?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
2. Had the same thing on my fuel gauge, the dealer ship had to replace the whole cluster. Thank god it was under warranty.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1.) http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-problems-fixes/6982-strange-sound-during-vtec-engagement-resolution-post-40-a.html

3.) You may have a problem with your VSA and/or sensor.

Number 2 I am completely unaware of and I can't really point you in the right direction. It does sound very minor though. Is the car an automatic?
Thanks.

2. Had the same thing on my fuel gauge, the dealer ship had to replace the whole cluster. Thank god it was under warranty.
Did you have to start from zero, mileage wise?

·
Registered
5 Posts

I know exactly what he means now. Upon startup, when the fuel gauge dial goes up to where your current fuel level is, you can literally hear that dial winding up and when you turn off the car, wind down really fast. It almost sounds like a dried up bearing in the dial or something. It started happening to my car today.

I wonder if there's a fix that anyone may know of?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I know exactly what he means now. Upon startup, when the fuel gauge dial goes up to where your current fuel level is, you can literally hear that dial winding up and when you turn off the car, wind down really fast. It almost sounds like a dried up bearing in the dial or something. It started happening to my car today.

I wonder if there's a fix that anyone may know of?
Only fix is to replace the cluster. No point doing that just to get rid of the noise imo.

My cluster has been working fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts