Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I'm looking to start upgrading my 05 tsx I want to start with a good basis for performance. Basically I'd like to add to the overall performance making it run faster by doing things that are good for the car. Where do I start? What would you say needs to be upgraded and what comes along with that upgrade? I'd hate to add something and put strain on something else. I wanna start small and work my way up. Again, where do I start??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a manual transmission. As for budget let's say $5000 but I don't want that to restrict your suggestions. Let's just say I'm starting at 5000

·
Registered
976 Posts
Do you want to stay All Motor or are you trying to use Boost (Turbo/Supercharger/Nitrous)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes all engine! But i think after I've done everything I can to the engine, I will want a turbo.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I would start with every bolt on to get the engine breathing right. Intake, intake manifold, throttle body, then exhaust header and then exhaust and a VTC and then tune. They are all easy and needed things before going boosted of any kind. That will take up most of your $5000, but as always if you look around and wait you can find things much cheaper used.

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
I would start with every bolt on to get the engine breathing right. Intake, intake manifold, throttle body, then exhaust header and then exhaust and a tune. They are all easy and needed things before going boosted of any kind. That will take up most of your $5000, but as always if you look around and wait you can find things much cheaper used.
x2

full in and out upgrades and tune it!

you will be suprised of how nice the car feels with a really good tune!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so all of those things will help the car breathe better as you say. Where would I go from there? That seems like a great start, what's next?

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
Ok so all of those things will help the car breathe better as you say. Where would I go from there? That seems like a great start, what's next?
suspension! and brakes!

its cool to go fast in a straight line but its better to do it around town...

and what good is going really fast if you cant stop?

braking is just important as acceleration

·
Registered
235 Posts
rbc mani $200
header asp/weapon r $500
have a nice catback made $500
intake $300
j35 tb $110
svm stage2 cams $1000(on sale now on there site)
supertech valve springs and retainers sub $400
hondata flashpro $700 +the 06+ ecu
shocks and springs around $600(koni yellows and neuspeed springs)

prob make around 250whp and you'll have yourself a fun tsx!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I'll also be looking to lighten the car aswell but without completely gutting the interior. What else could I do to lighten it?

·
Former Lude Driver
65 Posts
Hmm...$5k and NA, then eventually boost eh?

My vote goes for 06+ cams, 09 pistons and rings, Flashpro, the j35/j37 seems promising too, and a good exhuast. Everything else would be a waste since you're going to eventually turbo/supercharge it...

I say get weight loss out of your head... the car will always be heavy. You can take some weight off of the drivetrain though.

As far as stopping get some performance pads, you'll be fine. Unless you're road racing your car, which I doubt based on what you're going for. Even then stock brakes are sufficient just need suitable pads for the task at hand. So no need to spend globs of money there.

Suspension is a good investment too. But, you won't go faster with it. Power feels great. Suspension won't improve your daily ride quality. If anything it'll make it more harsh. You have to decide what you're going for with the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the suspension is definitely something I want upgrade! What do you recommend for it to be done right? What are some trusted brands? Not just in suspension but also for intake, exhaust, cams, headers, rings etc. Also, how do I find the right place to do the tuning?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts