Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my SNHOND3 along with a ground loop isolator a while back... Here's a pic of where I placed them. I tied them in with a couple of zip ties..

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great work. But for those of us that are perhaps less skillful, do you know of any national retailers/stores who have this product, or can get this product, and install it. I really want to get one for my TSX so I can connect my ipod. Thanks.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm...I'm not sure if there are any local places that carry it and install it... but there's really nothing to it... just pop out the cubby, use a mirror to find the connection, plug it in, secure it to your car and pop the cubby back in.

Maybe just have your dealership pop it out for you? and you plug the thing in yourself? Or maybe have Circuit City do it?

·
Registered
549 Posts
tsxmike: allows you to have sound from RCA cables...

richmar: it is very easy... trust me i dont know what im doing.... and i did it when i had my tsx... should take you no more than 2 minutes... grab onto the empty compartment.. pull out (you wil have to use a little force...there are other threads showing more detail if i remember correctly).. then it just plugs in!

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
vp911 said:
tsxmike: allows you to have sound from RCA cables...

richmar: it is very easy... trust me i dont know what im doing.... and i did it when i had my tsx... should take you no more than 2 minutes... grab onto the empty compartment.. pull out (you wil have to use a little force...there are other threads showing more detail if i remember correctly).. then it just plugs in!

hmmm... i might have to pick one up

·
Registered
549 Posts
richmar10 said:
thanks for the encouraging words. i'm going to order one and install it myself. i'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
richmar10 said:
thanks for the encouraging words. i'm going to order one and install it myself. i'll let you know how it goes.
feel free to ask/post questions if you need help. I've got a few more pics from my install if you need.

·
Registered
21 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
feel free to ask/post questions if you need help. I've got a few more pics from my install if you need.
So where exactly does this thing hook up to?? Is there a plug in in the back or under the factory system that the SNHOND3 plugs into?? Have any pics of the connection? THanks

T

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BigTSX said:
So where exactly does this thing hook up to?? Is there a plug in in the back or under the factory system that the SNHOND3 plugs into?? Have any pics of the connection? THanks

T
yup...it's on the back of the system. You have to use a mirror to see the connection. I've got a pic of it...I'll post it up when I get home and find it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
yup...it's on the back of the system. You have to use a mirror to see the connection. I've got a pic of it...I'll post it up when I get home and find it.
Awesome thanks :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BigTSX said:
Just curious, what is the ground loop isolator?
Ground Loop Isolator (GLI)

it helps get rid of the humming caused by other electronics on the car.

Some don't need it, but I got one just in case. I think there were a couple of people who said the GLI caused humming, and it went away when they removed the GLI.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys, i hav a tsx with navi, does that matter? Is there a special unit made just for the tsx with navi or do they all use the same? If it does require a different, how harder is it to install? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I think they are the same... TSX R US can probably confrm..

either way i know it is VERY simple to install

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
um...I honestly don't know the installation differences between the navi and non-navi... :(

I did find a couple more threads that might be of use:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4584
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4774

This is the one I bought for my car, it's made by soundgate: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/logjam/sounsnhond3.html

If you look on there, they've got a nother device made by Blitzsafe that's for the TSX with navi....they also mentioned that if you have factory XM, you have to disconnect it, but I am unable to confirm if that is correct or not.
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/logjam/blitzhonsnyitiv2.html

I wish I could be of more help with the TSX w/navi :(

1 - 20 of 52 Posts