Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help on snow tire issue from anyone. Bought a 2012 TSX which has 17 inch weels. Own a set of 4 Michelin 16 inch snow tires from my previous 2006 CSX. Have been informed they will not work in front due to brake calipers. Can I get a 16 inch snow rim to fit front of my 2012 TSX.

Hello everyone, took my 2012 TSX to a Kal Tire this morning. They tried the 16 inch Mychelin snow tire
winter rim from my previous 2006 CSX. The bolt patern works, but will not work in front wheels due to
size of calipers. Would appreciate assistance in where to purchase 4 16 inch rims that would clear the
calipers on my TSX.

·
-
1,622 Posts
LOL, get off the couch & try the wheels on! :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
no idea if second gen can be compared to the first gen, but my winter set up uses 16in rims, and i keep my stock 17in for summer

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
16s can be done on the 1G, but like Calgary said, you gotta try first

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bump for updated info (didn't want to start a new post then get schooled on the search function ;)).

I've got a 2011 TSX Sportswagon (is this "gen 2"?). It has the OEM 225/50-R17 but I want to run 205/60-R16 winter tires wheels and found this useful (but dated) post. I'm planning to order them in advance so I can install them as soon as we get to our destination, so not much opportunity for trial and error.

Since the most useful search results seem to be 8-10 yrs old, anyone seeing this that has a Sportswagon (or equivalent) running 16" wheels? The calipers don't look particularly large, and I've got about two weeks to figure this out. Thanks much!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bump for updated info (didn't want to start a new post then get schooled on the search function ;)).

I've got a 2011 TSX Sportswagon (is this "gen 2"?). It has the OEM 225/50-R17 but I want to run 205/60-R16 winter tires wheels and found this useful (but dated) post. I'm planning to order them in advance so I can install them as soon as we get to our destination, so not much opportunity for trial and error.

Since the most useful search results seem to be 8-10 yrs old, anyone seeing this that has a Sportswagon (or equivalent) running 16" wheels? The calipers don't look particularly large, and I've got about two weeks to figure this out. Thanks much!
Got some photos of the stance?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts