Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Newtsxowner!
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im picking up my WR Header on monday and have no idea on installations im a noob with mechanics:p ahah is there anyone on here that lives close to 91737 that can install for a good price?:) thanks!

·
Clutch Dump of Death!!!
830 Posts
If you can follow point A to point B and know that lefty loosey, righty tighty then it is pretty simple. Re-install everything the same manner it was un-installed and you should be fine. Seems brave going the WR cat-less route in Cali too.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
:werd: on going cat-less in Cali. Aren't you 06'er getting smogged next year or two?

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
idk how the hell you guys deal with all that emissions crap over there:( come to the east coast and run a straight pipe with a cat code and still pass:p lol, altho i may be moving to cali after i graduate:/

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
idk how the hell you guys deal with all that emissions crap over there:( come to the east coast and run a straight pipe with a cat code and still pass:p lol, altho i may be moving to cali after i graduate:/
Well, it's not like I'm gonna get away from Sunny SoCal just because of a catalytic converter...

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
Be careful with that, Calif has been cracking down on ppl that move here an don't change registration or dl. Cali just wants that money!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Be careful with that, Calif has been cracking down on ppl that move here an don't change registration or dl. Cali just wants that money!
+1...have to roll my windows down everytime i drive now...and had to zip tie my license plate back on:laugh:

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
So how does that work if your here in cali from another state going to school...
The vehicle can either be registered in cali, or it can keep its registration in your home state.

As long as the vehicle remains registered in your home state, you can just stick to that state's requirements. You will have to drive the vehicle home for inspections, smog checks, etc.

You can keep the vehicle registered out of state until one of the following happens:

- You get a job in Cali
- Rent or lease a residence in Cali
- Intend to live or be located in Cali on a permanent basis (register to vote, get a Cali license, etc)
- Enroll in a university as a California resident, or enroll your dependents in a K-12 school

I think alot of people try to keep their cars registered out of state so that they can get by with lenient laws, but it's probably a pain having to drive back when the registration/inspections are due.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts