Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
-iii-(
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm looking to decrease my AMC-Eagle-like wheelgap after installing my new TL A-Spec wheels. Looking at the HT-Spec coilovers as well as Tein H.tech/Koni combo. Anyway, once I choose one of those, I gotta get it installed.The shop that mounted/balanced my wheels/tires charges $200 for suspension install. This seems a bit high to me, but then again, I've never had suspension mods before.

I read through the DIY and I probably wouldn't have too much trouble with the front, but the rears seem like a PITA. Plus I don't have jack stands or too much spare time.

Anyone have a recommended shop in So-Cal (San Fernando Valley)?
Thanks!

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Heeltoe did my suspension for 200 and I can vouch for him for doing an awesome job, also everyone had theirs installed by him. some shops charges at least 200+ which is too much.

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Depending which route you go, I can possibly help you

·
-iii-(
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jteeen, that may be an option if I buy the suspension from him. That would save me shipping too.

GSR: nice! which would you be more likely to help out on, shock/spring or coilover?

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Full coilovers would be easiest, since its easier compared to Shocks/springs. Bolt on/off. Shocks/Springs require spring compressor and swap top hats, etc..they can be done but more time consuming

·
-iii-(
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, right. I think that was one thing turning me off of the spring/shock DIY. Heel-toe has some decently-priced coilovers; I might give them a shot. Probably not going to go with the nearly-$1000 tein coilovers, just not worth it for me.

Full coilovers would be easiest, since its easier compared to Shocks/springs. Bolt on/off. Shocks/Springs require spring compressor and swap top hats, etc..they can be done but more time consuming

1 - 6 of 6 Posts