·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bet we arent gonna be getting any JDM parts in the near future :(

I'm wondering if the stuff I ordered from heeltoe either got:
a) swept into the ocean by the tsunami
b) irradiated into dust from the nuclear power plant explosion
c) eaten by godzilla (i heard he'd been spotted making a mess somewhere :squint: )

anyone else got an order in for jdm stuff?

ps: i found it pretty funny when the news first broke of the situation, the obama admin issued a statement saying "The United States stands ready to help the Japanese people in this time of great trial," added Obama, who has visited Japan twice as president. "The friendship and alliance between our two nations is unshakeable, and only strengthens our resolve to stand with the people of Japan as they overcome this tragedy."

they had to use that particular word? couldnt they have used something like unwaivering? oh the irony

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
3,260 Posts
Right now I'm more worried about people over there. You should try donating or helping out. Your jdm parts can wait :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Only a narcissist would worry about JDM parts at a time like this...those people have bigger things to worry about than shipping you your ultra cool JDM intake.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only a narcissist would worry about JDM parts at a time like this...those people have bigger things to worry about than shipping you your ultra cool JDM intake.
listen here champ, myself being a 3rd year med student i am helping organize a fundraiser at my school this week so we can send a nice donation over there. im quite aware of the humanitarian crisis. check your attitude at the door, or at least think twice before you jump to conclusions next time by calling me a narcissist. the point i wanted to make was alot of people here in the States have wanted winter to end already (its been a brutal one this year) so they can spruce up their cars with some cool parts, which are already hard enough to get ahold of.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Not criticizing you at all tsxklap. But for those that are stressed about waiting on their JDM part should think about the stress of the Japanese waiting for their life to get back together again.

·
Registered
123 Posts
listen here champ, myself being a 3rd year med student i am helping organize a fundraiser at my school this week so we can send a nice donation over there. im quite aware of the humanitarian crisis. check your attitude at the door, or at least think twice before you jump to conclusions next time by calling me a narcissist. the point i wanted to make was alot of people here in the States have wanted winter to end already (its been a brutal one this year) so they can spruce up their cars with some cool parts, which are already hard enough to get ahold of.
Thanks champ! I am a 2nd year grad student. Not sure what our collegiate status has to do with anything, but meh!

The power to read minds has eluded me. I can only read what you write. You were worried about getting JDM parts over here. Beyond that, you said nothing. My bad, I guess.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
ps: i found it pretty funny when the news first broke of the situation, the obama admin issued a statement saying "The United States stands ready to help the Japanese people in this time of great trial," added Obama, who has visited Japan twice as president. "The friendship and alliance between our two nations is unshakeable, and only strengthens our resolve to stand with the people of Japan as they overcome this tragedy."
why is everyone ALWAYS talking crap about the obama administration? there are a lot of good things that they did and i dont understand the reason behind all you people who always try to "Dethrone" Obama. Dont forget that it was BUSH who put our nation into this, its not easy to recover from such a mess that somebody started for 8 years as president. quit mocking the president and making it seem like we pulled a One Big Ass Mistake America.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks champ! I am a 2nd year grad student. Not sure what our collegiate status has to do with anything, but meh!

The power to read minds has eluded me. I can only read what you write. You were worried about getting JDM parts over here. Beyond that, you said nothing. My bad, I guess.
the point in telling you i was in med school was to point out im very well aware of the horrible suffering that is going on in japan since helping people is my profession, but obviously you cant connect the dots. im not trying to argue who is the smartest person on these forums b/c chances are i am not! but since this is a car enthusiast forum and people are always talking about jdm stuff and people post pics about going to jdm auto shops in japan, i thought id vent my frustration with being unlucky. im sorry if my original comment gave the impression that i cared about my parts more than the deaths of thousands of innocent people. you got me bro. thanks for trying to call me out on my "true" intentions. now go back and study hard so you can be a 3rd year grad student!

and lee, i think you are missing the point here. i wasnt blaming obama vs bush for the economy or other issues. no clue how you brought bush's name up. all i way simply trying to say is that the president of the united states, who has a professional news-corp and official statement writing team filled with english majors and some of the best publicists money can buy, uses the word unshakable to describe an ally of ours who just suffered a 9.0 earthquake, the 5th largest since scientists have been keeping record. ive never given my political views on this car website, and i never plan to. but anyone who looks at that statement from an independant point of view can at least admit "yeah i prolly would have used a different word"

im closing this thread due to all the flames here. god help the country of japan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.