Acura TSX Forum banner

So....how long can a TSX last?

91K views 52 replies 43 participants last post by  Edgeman 
#1 ·
Hello! Old old member here. I was one of the first TSX owners (got it immediately when it came out) and one of the original posters on all the different forums. I took a look back here to see if you were talking about the ILX, which I'm curious about, and was glad to see that you are.

My '04 TSX is still going strong, with 166K miles. I realize it can't last forever, but it's been going a lot better and longer than I necessarily expected.

So......how long is it likely to keep going like this? I'm wondering what's the experience of other people who've had this kind of mileage -- or preferably even more. Has anyone hit sort of a wall with their TSX? Any particular mileage range where it happens? And what's the most mileage you've heard of, with the car still going strong?

#3 ·
Thanks! And thanks for the info. And actually I'd say you're not far from where I am. :thumbsup:

200K is sort of the maximum that I ever let myself imagine, but it doesn't feel like I'm getting close to any limit. From what you said, it seems like maybe we just haven't yet seen where the TSX usually starts hitting a wall.

Which of course is great. :mardi:

#4 ·
There was a guy in here who posted on a "Whats your mileage" thread driving a ABP TSX who has reached over 200k miles. He said that as long as you take care of the car, then the car will take care of you. I am pretty confident it can go beyond 200k as long as maintenance is up to date. Nice to see you around even though I probably havent seen you in a long time.

#11 ·
The way I see it...At the end of the day its a Honda...in other words if you do routine maintenance it should go over 200k easy. My 1st 2 cars ever were older Accords and both ran solid at 210k+. Only reason I got rid of the 1st Accord was rust issues being older and in Maine winters with all the salt n sand on the road. Only reason I got rid of the 2nd Accord w/210k+ was to get a 4th gen H22 Prelude which was my dream car at the time (NSX not counting). I later had a 99 Accord v6 coupe everything worked and ran great @140k but it was my first and hopefully last automatic tranny and had heard that gen had AT issues with the v6 combo. So the fear of potential tranny failure - combined with my love of the TSX and missing having a a manual got my in the TSX! I hope to run my TSX to 200k .. Modding it of course to keep things interesting :).
Only negative experience I have which I hope was not the norm: I bought my Lude already modded and driven hard by other college aged kids, came w/ CAI Header & Exhaust...and it did burn a shit ton of oil @170k. Only sold because neither my kids nor adults could fit in back seat- I think it my be a design flaw in my beloved H22 with the FMR liners.

As for the ILX - if your looking to trade the TSX - obviously hitting 200k wil hurt the trade in value but I bet it still runs great!

#15 ·
I just turned 150 for '05, just replaced the front calipers today and switch out to goodridge ss line. The brakes were sticking badly, when I brake, it felt like warp rotors. After swapping the calipers, that warp feel is gone.. good as new

#16 ·
06 tsx with almost 137,000 miles-original brakes. Traded my 05 Honda civic ex-se for it. The civic had lots of problems so when it reached the end of the warranty time to get rid of it.

#19 ·
Will be interesting to see. :)

I'll be jumping for joy if I get to 200K without any big headaches.
That would be around the end of '013.

If I get to 250K I'll be throwing parties.
If 300 I will personally deliver a bottle of champagne to Honda headquarters. :laugh:

#21 ·
I think the TSX will run several hundred thousand miles because...

A few months ago I sold my pride and joy to a collector who shipped it to Iowa. It was a 1980 Civic 1500GL 5 speed with 280,000 miles. Still ran great.

#29 ·
Mine is at 155k I think right now - burns a decent amount of oil - around 2 qts per 3k but still runs strong

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.