Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't wanna highjack a thread, so I'm just starting a new one.

I have an 07 manual with just the Comptech Icebox + Progress RSB. I don't really plan on doing much more than that in terms of performance mod. This is my daily driver + I need to save $ towards other things. And I already did mods for looks like Strutking pedals + backup camera.

Anyway, we (07 & 08s) couldn't get a reflash previously but now there's a $350 option at local tuners.
I don't really have a need for the full FlashPro.

So my questions are:
1) Is the $350 essentially the same thing as the earlier reflash that's been available for the 04-06 guys?

2) How safe is it and does it negatively affect reliability in any way?

can you guys chime in?
thanks

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Flashpro allows you to tune your car to your specs. Is it safe? It depends on how you tune it. You can make it reliable if you do it right.. If not done run your motor can be gone in matters of days. For example setting your redline to 11k or something stupid. Go to a authorized hondata turner and they will do it for you. Don't do it yourself if you don't know what you're doing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flashpro allows you to tune your car to your specs. Is it safe? It depends on how you tune it. You can make it reliable if you do it right.. If not done run your motor can be gone in matters of days. For example setting your redline to 11k or something stupid. Go to a authorized hondata turner and they will do it for you. Don't do it yourself if you don't know what you're doing.
Kevin,
i don't intend on doing anything. I am leaning towards getting the basic tune done at a local shop (Church Automotive) and calling it a day.
I've ready plenty of glorious reviews about results.
But I'm just doing my due diligence to see if there have been any adverse reactions to the reflash.

·
Registered
874 Posts
PWPCL9 it is available, for us we need a 07-08 ECU + the adapter $50 . then the same thing applies go to a FP dealer and you just buy the license + tuning time. but you never actually own the FP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts