Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've neglected my car for a while. A long while. With the SoCal meet coming up I figured I might as well give her some TLC...starting with the headlights.

Before:

Yikes!!

What I used:

Thx Gus! :tu:

After:

Bling, bling!!

The results speak for themselves. My only complaint is that they're a bit stingy with the grit paper. I knew this beforehand so I stopped by AutoZone. No biggie. This stuff works great! No powertools needed and it comes with sealant. I used the "Mother's" kit in the past and it was just as effective but I never sealed them and it was only a matter of time before they got cloudy again.

Eventually I'll get around to doing the same to this bad boy:

Yup...they are what u think they are. :king:
They've been sitting in my garage for almost a year!! :tomato:
Maybe I'll throw them on next year haha...

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
I think it's badass, if you ever get bored with your wheels sell it to me! haha

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Seattle,WA
1,465 Posts
Nice. Looks a lot better. Put them lights in already! Haha

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
:thumbsup: great work Rick!!Im telling you man that kit is really easy to use.now if only you can manage to put those headlights on for the meet on Sat :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
:tu:

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Nice shit now put them away and rock then jdm lights ...

·
Registered
422 Posts
that looks great. i've been putting off doing my headlights too... i think i'm going to try that kit!

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx guys!

@McCoy...the instructions are pretty straight forward and simple. This video pretty much sums it up perfectly:

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
definitely an improvement :tu:

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
definitely an improvement :tu:
Huge improvement!! :)
Hey rick, thanks for posting this up. Can't wait to get this in the mail.
Ur gonna love the results. Take before/after pics. And wash/dry ur car prior to applying. I wanted to wash my dirty ass car right after I finished the headlights but then I read that I had to wait 24 hours. :/
i wiLL keep this in mind if i ever need to do this. thanks for the post. Looks great.!
Thx! :tu:

·
Registered
422 Posts
well, i finally tried the kit today. it wasn't as good as i thought it was going to be but in retrospect, i think it has more to do with me than the kit... i may have another go at it a few months later to get it showroom perfect... i think it really comes down to the sanding. get the sanding right and it'll look great.

all around, great kit, cheap, and works pretty well.

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^ now that u know what grit paper u need make sure u have some extra handy for next time bcuz just like I mentioned in the OP, the kit provides only a few small pieces to work with and I found it to not be enough.

It's best to have a few larger pieces folded up and TAKE UR TIME with all the steps for optimal results.

My headlights look as clear today as the day I used this kit in November.

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
Lookin good Rik, I will pick this up for future use just to have. THnks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow these came out awesome. Thanks for the grit tips as well. Gonna buy the kit right now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts