Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

My bud is in the process of buying a 2006 TSX 6-speeds black on black with Navi. However he is not sure if he will like the manual transmission for a daily drive.

Anyways I promised him to trade my Carbon Gray Auto (No Nav) for his Black 6-speeds (Nav) in case he ends up not liking the 6 speeds.

My girlfriend was so so so upset with the deal; she thought I was being crazy for thinking of trading a Carbon Gray for a black TSX… and on top a stick.

Guys Am I crazy for what I promised? Are the black TSXs that bad of a color lol? Please feedback if you can

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hi guys

My bud is in the process of buying a 2006 TSX 6-speeds black on black with Navi. However he is not sure if he will like the manual transmission for a daily drive.

Anyways I promised him to trade my Carbon Gray Auto (No Nav) for his Black 6-speeds (Nav) in case he ends up not liking the 6 speeds.

My girlfriend was so so so upset with the deal; she thought I was being crazy for thinking of trading a Carbon Gray for a black TSX… and on top a stick.

Guys Am I crazy for what I promised? Are the black TSXs that bad of a color lol? Please feedback if you can
Haha I don't think your crazy with that kind of promise at all... I don't think its the color that's bothering your gf, I think its due to the fact that she won't be able to drive your car anymore since its a stick lol... I like the color black, there's nothing wrong with it

·
n/a
8,573 Posts
There are other factors that are more important than color. Color is subjective anyways, I don't see the big deal. Both cgp and nhbp are great colors. Things like maintenance or mileage concern, year, and condition should be ahead of color choice..... He has a pretty rare combo too, black/black 6 speed and nav? Man if I were him I would say fck that to the trade lol

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Yeah I would be worried about the mileage and condition compared to your tsx over color and being 6speed. I feel like 2006 black/black 6speed w/ navi is the best tsx(and color) there is....i am not bias towards nbp or anything ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys.

My girl almost never gets to drive my car. Plus she drives stick anyways lol

Both cars are 2006, but the black TSX has about 5k miles more then mine. Also its very well maintained and serviced at Acura dealership.

The Navi will be an upgrade to me. I'm sure I will like it, plus i dont mind the 6 speeds, but I will lose on my oem kit lol.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
losing oem kit sucks..but the 6mt is something that can't be added..you can always buy an oem kit for under $1k if u really miss it..then you have a 6mt with nav and aero kit. That's the rarest combo

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I don't know man. She's a girl friend, not a wife. I don't know how much I would listen to my "girl friend" when it comes to my own money towards a car.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Regional (United States)
1,204 Posts
You should talk to her and get to the real reason she is upset. Is she upset because you didn't consult with her beforehand? (It's hard to speculate on the degree of seriousness of your relationship as well as the dynamics of how you two typically make decisions)

Does she just not like black cars?

Even though she drives stick, is she sad because you'll have a more difficult time holding her hand while having to shift gears? (While more difficult, it can be done - and you can always reach across with your left to shift or even place your hand on top of hers and move the shifter together - awwww!)

Seeing that the black has Navi and a 6-spd that you like, it's a good trade for you. Besides, from what it looks like from your post it looks like it's not a done deal (your friend is in the process of buying, he hasn't figured out if he likes to drive manual, etc., etc.,) so you can reassure your girlfriend that there's no sense in being bent out of shape for nothing.

There's a saying that goes, "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."

And seeing that you're somewhere in CA, there's also a Coach store somewhere near you if it ever gets to a point where you need to do some damage control. =) But if it ever does get to that point, then it'd be a good time to re-evaluate things.

·
pedal damn it
2,898 Posts
don't listen to your gf. trade it for the 6-speed =P
^^ :goldcup:

exactly!!!! She's a girlfriend not a wife!! WTF!!!! If she don't like it tell her to take a hike and drop her off at the nearest bus stop. That's your money, your car, your decision. End of story!!

Be a man and take charge of the situation because if u give her an inch she'll take a mile!! believe that shit man!

·
Loading...&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#960
296 Posts
I don't know man. She's a girl friend, not a wife. I don't know how much I would listen to my "girl friend" when it comes to my own money towards a car.
damn straight!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
dude trade, we're talking about black on black, navi and most importantly 6 speed. no one can touch you with that combo if you added the Aspec kit to it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey guys, thanks for your feedback. Its very much appreciated

Lots of the comments made me LOL but for sure they made lots of sense.

I talked to my girl over this. She thinks im giving up my TSX so easy.. in other words it is a jealousy attack lol. She loves CG, and thinks black TSXs are fugly.

I like black TSXs, plus its rare to get hold of a clean 6-speed. but again things are still up in the air..it all depends on my bud, he went test driving a TLs today so ...

·
trespassing Jeep owner
2,731 Posts
You win this trade, easily. Black on black, navi, stick, 06? Damn. If my TSX wasn't so heavily modified, I would try to get that car...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
hey guys, thanks for your feedback. Its very much appreciated

Lots of the comments made me LOL but for sure they made lots of sense.

I talked to my girl over this. She thinks im giving up my TSX so easy.. in other words it is a jealousy attack lol. She loves CG, and thinks black TSXs are fugly.

I like black TSXs, plus its rare to get hold of a clean 6-speed. but again things are still up in the air..it all depends on my bud, he went test driving a TLs today so ...
If your friend dose this sweet deal with you I wouldn't let your girl affect your decision. That combo is very rare... unlike girl friends. LOL

p.s. No offence, Im sure she's a very nice girl.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts