Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yo guys, I wanted to run this by the community b/c I'm kind of puzzled. My power steering hose between the pump and the reservoir is soaked, aka saturated, aka wet looking. All the other hoses in the engine bay look like dry rubber which they should be. But this hose like I said seems wet. The neck of the hose right around the bands are dry buta few millimeters after that the body throughout is moist. Also, the power steering hose makes contact with two other hoses and at the touching points there is a wet spot. The fluid level in the reservoir tank is just below max. I have no clue how long the hose has been like this (I dont check my engine bay daily lol)

Is this normal or do I most likely have a leak in the hose? Thoughts?

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I know what the problem is. The material of the hose itself is too permeable to the fluid. I went right up the road to Summit Racing instead of emailing Comptech and trying to get a replacement from them which would probably end up with the same result. I picked up new tubing made out of better, high quality rubber which is leak-proof. Sorry if that sounds kind of confusing but there's really no other way to describe it. Just an FYI for people who decide to go the supercharger route later on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts