Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, acura zine is hosting a potluck style meet and they're inviting us. If any of you guys want to come and hang out for the day, post it in here!

Remove the dash in acura-zine to properly be redirected in the link

http://regions.acura-zine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853896

Hey guys, as promised.. I would set up a meet/BBQ potluck. I'm thinking we should try the BBQ potluck again since last time, it was a fail (not enough interest/people going). This is just a planning thread that will later be official after everything is figured out.

I think the ideal month for the BBQ potluck would be in the month of June, towards the end of the month since that's when most people are done with school. Feel free to chime in as I cannot cater to everyone's availability.

As for location, I'm thinking of trying something different and having it down in the OC area. Possibly the same spot that the [T S X club] guys had their last big meet/bbq at last time (Garden Grove Park).

So, lets gather up some opinions and have the list going!

---

WHAT: Summer BBQ Potluck/Meet

WHO: SoCal Acura Zine/T S Xclub Members!

WHEN: June 30, 2012; 11AM - Whenever

WHERE: Rowland Heights Park or Thomas S. Burton Park (First come, first serve basis. We need someone who is willing to wake up early and be there by 5am to hold a spot for us. Whichever park we grab first is the one that we'll go to. We'll let you guys know and post on Acura Zine ASAP).

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
most likely be there.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
I'm a maybe on this one

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
What day are u leaving to vegas Johnny? During the week?

This meet sounds like it may be good, I liked the one johnny set up in garden grove in dec. The Azine peeps were pretty chill.

·
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea but this one doesn't seem so organized. They're not even sure of the place. They're sending a guy to reserve the place at like 5am.

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
there isnt much activity on that thread on azine.i wonder if its going to even happen

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
hopefully this goes well. last time they tried to set one up and didn't go through cuz no one was interested

·
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would definitely wanna go and hang out. But damn if the host party isn't even interested, kinda ruins it for the guest, haha.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
if all fails, lets just have a tsxclub meet :lol:

·
pedal damn it
2,901 Posts
I might be down for a bbq with the A¢urazine guys if they ever get it together. The last TSXclub/A¢urazine bbq that johnny initiated was really good and meeting those guys was cool too.

Hey cYn, why is it that we can "Q" it up with those guys from A¢urazine and chill with them, but we can't post a complete link from their forum?? We always leave spaces or put asterisks like the two quoted examples below and then we have to fill in the blanks. What gives?? I never understood that and I wondered why we can have joint forum bbq's and chill out, but when we post on either forum we refer to them as the "other" forum. Or *****zine, Azine, acura-zine. :dunno: Hell, some of us are members on the other forum :laugh: ... and u know who u are.

So what's up? Enlighten me.

Hey guys, acura zine is hosting a potluck style meet and they're inviting us. If any of you guys want to come and hang out for the day, post it in here!

Remove the dash in acura-zine to properly be redirected in the link

http://regions.acura-zine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853896

·
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ It was originally to stop the promotion of other forum competitors.

A forum is a business. In order to run and pay for servers, forum allows vendors and sponsors to come in to promote their own business. A forum owner only wants one thing; traffic. Acura-zine actually started censoring our forum first because the TSX owners were coming over here. That meant that Azine is losing traffic. They didn't want that so they censored as much as they could regarding any mention of TSXClub. I guess there were some rivalries and TSXClub followed suit and censored Azine after that.

·
pedal damn it
2,901 Posts
^ It was originally to stop the promotion of other forum competitors.

A forum is a business. In order to run and pay for servers, forum allows vendors and sponsors to come in to promote their own business. A forum owner only wants one thing; traffic. Acura-zine actually started censoring our forum first because the TSX owners were coming over here. That meant that Azine is losing traffic. They didn't want that so they censored as much as they could regarding any mention of TSXClub. I guess there were some rivalries and TSXClub followed suit and censored Azine after that.
So we're at war?!! :laugh: ... or is it over since that was some time ago? Have both sides kissed and made up?

·
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nope both sides are still censored.

Kinda like Korea, haha

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
I'm up for it, i'll come through after work :)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts