Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey SoCal folks -

I just picked up my 05 6-spd non-navi from Sierra Acura in Alhambra and got a helluva deal.

If you're looking for a new TSX, here's the name/info of my guy, who turned out to be a family friend of my parents. Whether or not you can get the same deal is up in the air, as final selling/leasing prices vary from individual to individual (can even depend on which manager is working that day, etc.) -hence the lack of exact numbers, but I can safely say that it was a fair amount under $26k.

This guy's very nice, and honest - I'm not making an unbridled advertising pitch for the dealership - I simply suggest you keep him in mind when you are shopping around for the car . . .

Sam Yeung
Sierra Acura
626-284-8533

Tell him Luwin sent you . . . good luck!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I contacted this dealer for a quote and they were one of the only ones *not* to get back to me the same day. In fact, it's been 3 days now. Guess who just lost a $30k sale?

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sygyzy said:
I contacted this dealer for a quote and they were one of the only ones *not* to get back to me the same day. In fact, it's been 3 days now. Guess who just lost a $30k sale?

Sorry to hear that, but can you let me in on who you talked to? Because if you had talked to Sam, I'll get on his case for that. :nono: He provided me with nothing but exemplary and timely service, so I would be surprised if he didn't get back to you for 3 days . . .

·
Registered
106 Posts
No problemo, I don't blame you or anything.

I submitted an email quote request and got automated responses from Gus Sison. In my notes section I requested Sam to deal with my request.

Still no word from them. I am going to Monterey Park this weekend and can stop by to see them if they would get back to me. Very bad move in such a tough market.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Hey, sygyzy -- love the name!

:lol: Who here knows how to actually spell that word? (i.e. That's not it!) :lol:
Not to mention what it means?

Maybe sygyzy himself doesn't even know. :D

P.S. The onliest reason I know is that it was a SPELLING BEE word for us back in the day.....
They also used it on Saturday Night Live (in a spelling bee!) the time that Giuliani was the host.

BTW Giuliani pronounced it wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sygyzy said:
No problemo, I don't blame you or anything.

I submitted an email quote request and got automated responses from Gus Sison. In my notes section I requested Sam to deal with my request.

Still no word from them. I am going to Monterey Park this weekend and can stop by to see them if they would get back to me. Very bad move in such a tough market.

Crappy automated responses. ;)

Just give Sam a ring and tell him Luwin sent you over - that way, he'll be sure to set up a time when he will be available for you so you don't get there and get someone else if he's caught up.

Or if you want, ring me on my cell at 626-688-8119 and I'll pass on the request to Sam.

I agree - it's really a tough market - hope you give Sam a chance to earn your business!

·
Registered
106 Posts
larchmont said:
Hey, sygyzy -- love the name!

:lol: Who here knows how to actually spell that word? (i.e. That's not it!) :lol:
Not to mention what it means?

Maybe sygyzy himself doesn't even know. :D

P.S. The onliest reason I know is that it was a SPELLING BEE word for us back in the day.....
They also used it on Saturday Night Live (in a spelling bee!) the time that Giuliani was the host.

BTW Giuliani pronounced it wrong.
Larchmont - The proper spelling of the word is syzygy. My name is a mispelling of that word but I like it better.

It is latin for when the Earth, Moon, and Sun are in alignment. Doesn't happen too often. Also the title of an episode of The X-Files.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
sygyzy said:
Larchmont - The proper spelling of the word is syzygy. My name is a mispelling of that word but I like it better.

It is latin for when the Earth, Moon, and Sun are in alignment. Doesn't happen too often. Also the title of an episode of The X-Files.
You are correct, sir! :D

BTW it's not just about the Earth, moon, and sun -- it's about any 3 "heavenly bodies." :ikno:

Larchmont, who is full of useless facts. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My guy Sam called me yesterday thanking me for a referral, but I wasn't sure if it was on this board - so . . .

To a Tommy Kwan (spelling?) who ordered his car from my guy Sam - thanks very much - and if you are on this board, I hope your experience was a pleasant one.

:greenboun

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Luwin1026 said:
My guy Sam called me yesterday thanking me for a referral, but I wasn't sure if it was on this board - so . . .

To a Tommy Kwan (spelling?) who ordered his car from my guy Sam - thanks very much - and if you are on this board, I hope your experience was a pleasant one.

:greenboun
C'MON, TOMMY -- STAND UP!!!!!!!!! :D

(Good work, Luwin!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Luwin1026 said:
Hey SoCal folks -

I just picked up my 05 6-spd non-navi from Sierra Acura in Alhambra and got a helluva deal.

If you're looking for a new TSX, here's the name/info of my guy, who turned out to be a family friend of my parents. Whether or not you can get the same deal is up in the air, as final selling/leasing prices vary from individual to individual (can even depend on which manager is working that day, etc.) -hence the lack of exact numbers, but I can safely say that it was a fair amount under $26k.

This guy's very nice, and honest - I'm not making an unbridled advertising pitch for the dealership - I simply suggest you keep him in mind when you are shopping around for the car . . .

Sam Yeung
Sierra Acura
626-284-8533

Tell him Luwin sent you . . . good luck!

I picked up a 2005 TSX (SSM) AT w/NAVI which included wheel locks, mud guards & a truck tray for a pretty sweet deal last night. I just happened to walk in at the "right" time apparently the dealership had not sold a car all day (maybe due to the rain in So. Cal), but they were willing to work with me on a price I can live with. Sam Yeung, my sales guy, was like Luwin said, "very nice guy & honest".

I bought a my first car from Sierra Acura when I started working back in 1993. I purchased a 1993 Integra Hatchback GS (Black with Black Leather Interior + Manual). If anyone is interested, I'm selling my beloved Integra :)

Thanks, Luwin, for the "hook up"!

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kaidoi said:
I picked up a 2005 TSX (SSM) AT w/NAVI which included wheel locks, mud guards & a truck tray for a pretty sweet deal last night. I just happened to walk in at the "right" time apparently the dealership had not sold a car all day (maybe due to the rain in So. Cal), but they were willing to work with me on a price I can live with. Sam Yeung, my sales guy, was like Luwin said, "very nice guy & honest".

I bought a my first car from Sierra Acura when I started working back in 1993. I purchased a 1993 Integra Hatchback GS (Black with Black Leather Interior + Manual). If anyone is interested, I'm selling my beloved Integra :)

Thanks, Luwin, for the "hook up"!

Glad to hear that - congratulations on the new car!! :ben:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Congrats good Luck w/ her Kai...Post pics once u get it

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To Mike & his girlfriend -

Sam called me and told me about your purchase (looking for a TSX but ended up w/ a TL, eh?) :police:

Congrats on your new car, and thanks for giving Sam a chance to get you the right car!!

Let me know if you need anything else in the future!

-Luwin

G

·
Since I'm in the market for a tsx and planning on getting one by the end of this month, I'll be sure to give Sam a call. Sounds like a great dealer. Thanks for the heads up Luwin.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts