Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this unit from Serge just a couple months before I sold the car.... For science. I was always curious how it compared to the Hondata reflash and it was my last chance to find out. The buyer for my car decided to just stick with the Hondata ECU and not have two ECUs, so now this one is for sale!

Skip the long wait for a remote reflash! You can have this ECU in your car in under a week!

Fits 04-05 TSX with 6MT (not auto).
Immobilizer is disabled. Plug and play into your vehicle. If you want the annoying flashing green immobilizer light to go away all you need to do is unplug the immobilizer unit in the steering column.

$300 shipped in CONUS. Will ship further at buyer's expense.
3% PayPal fee if payment is for goods and services.

Thanks all!
IMG_20200723_175217.jpg
IMG_20200723_175207.jpg
IMG_20200723_175324.jpg

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which is better in your opinion? Goodluck with sale!
I've been meaning to write up a comparison post between the two, but real life stays busy.
Long story short, the answer is subjective for a couple of reasons. One, how your car is setup, and two, what you want most from it.
For my particular vehicle, which was modified a fair bit (see Sold: My 04 ABP 6MT TSX ), I got much better power delivery with Serge's ECU. This power improvement came at the expense of a 1.5mpg drop, averaged over 3 tanks of 93. The torque curve feels much more flat.
If I still had the car, I would most likely daily the Serge ECU, and slap in the Hondata when I was going to do some real distance driving (1000mi+) and wanted to improve fuel economy.

Both flashes greatly improved the stock tune. What either one of them are capable of in a completely stock car I don't know. I believe serge has a Dyno chart someone sent him before and after flash. It might be worth comparing this chart against the Hondata chart. If anyone does do this keep in mind, the percentage gain is what is important. Not the actual numbers on the chart. Dyno operators can make numbers read higher or lower as they please, and church automotive (who did Hondata's testing) is well known for their dynos reading high.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been meaning to write up a comparison post between the two, but real life stays busy.
Long story short, the answer is subjective for a couple of reasons. One, how your car is setup, and two, what you want most from it.
For my particular vehicle, which was modified a fair bit (see Sold: My 04 ABP 6MT TSX ), I got much better power delivery with Serge's ECU. This power improvement came at the expense of a 1.5mpg drop, averaged over 3 tanks of 93. The torque curve feels much more flat.
If I still had the car, I would most likely daily the Serge ECU, and slap in the Hondata when I was going to do some real distance driving (1000mi+) and wanted to improve fuel economy.

Both flashes greatly improved the stock tune. What either one of them are capable of in a completely stock car I don't know. I believe serge has a Dyno chart someone sent him before and after flash. It might be worth comparing this chart against the Hondata chart. If anyone does do this keep in mind, the percentage gain is what is important. Not the actual numbers on the chart. Dyno operators can make numbers read higher or lower as they please, and church automotive (who did Hondata's testing) is well known for their dynos reading high.
I too, would leave the sergbo reflash on mine for daily. It is funny how you'd mention Church automotive. That's where I took my car to get it tuned by Hondata. Just wanted a comparison between those two and see what differences they have. Great write up by the way!

I would love to try that ecu out but since I'm going another route, I will be selling my Hondata reflash in the future.

Best of luck on your endeavor! You'd helped me countless times on this forum and hope to see you around. Also, be safe out there during this time of crisis.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my Hondata reflash done at church as well during a vacation. A few hours out of my way rather than a week of downtime was a huge perk.
Thank you, and I'm glad to share what knowledge I have. I'll still be around here for a while, at least until my garage is cleaned out :p
You and yours be safe as well!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't have any modifications on my TSX it is stock. Would this still work? I could just replace my bad one and all I would have to do is deal witht he immobilizer light by unplugging it? Do I need to have any thing done programming wise? I thought that it had to be et up for your keys and specific VIN. Sorry for all the questions, I had asked on the forum but did not get an answer

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes will work with a stock car, as long as it is an 04-05 6 speed. Immobilizer in this ECU is disabled, car will run with this ECU installed but you'll have the immobilizer light on the dash. Unplug the unit in the steering column and the light goes away. No other programming required.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That sounds awesome. It is an 05 6 speed manual. Someone just replied to my forum request telling me I would have to get one programmed. So this one has specialty programming (immobilizer) that gets around that. I assume this changes parameters and was originally for performance upgrades. Other than fixing my car and making it run again what else can I expect putting it in a stock car?
Thanks for your info and help.
Dwayne

·
Registered
888 Posts
Nice, I was thinking $300 shipped for mine too - glad I was in line with pricing.

BTW I have an 04-05 MT Serge ECU too - slide in my DM's people

1 - 14 of 14 Posts