Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
(o'.')-o
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was parked downtown tonight and when I came back to my car, I noticed two rice sized black dots on my rear bumper. I thought it was dirty so I went to wipe it off, but my heart just dropped when I realized they weren’t coming off no matter how hard I wiped. Its raining and its dark, so I’ll take pictures tomorrow when’s there light out. So now I got to decide if I should either do my own body work ( Sand…touch up paint..Sand) or should I take it to a body shop and pay 100-200 to get the bumper painted or should I just claim it? What do you guys think I should do?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about your car getting dinged Adee :(

Nothing makes me more :mad: then people who do not respect other people's stuff

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
ouch! Sorry to hear :(

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
sorry to hear that but...wow it's amazing you could spot those "rice-sized" imperfections in rain & dark :bowdown:

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
Sorry about your dings.

I'm starting to notice tiny chips and scratches from god knows what. My car is about 1 week old and I have detailed my car about 4 times so far!!! ahhaha talk about being paranoid.

But I think you should just leave it if its 2 rice size dings. You're going to get more, i already accepted that fact, especially living in NYC. Just cross your fingers, hope for the best, find good secluded parking and enjoy the whole of the car.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
i know how u feel
but u know wut pissed me off more when i had my first two dings..

they were like you at the first time... but guess wut? it was by another TSX!!!!!!

i went to shoot some pics at fisherman's dwarf... no car beside me, i went back to my car
to get something, i saw a taiwanese family with TSX... came and park beside my car.

i got my stuff and i left.. when i was done i came to my car, the tsx was gone and
my driver side had two dings!

DAMN YOU SSM!.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
NeoChaser said:
i know how u feel

they were like you at the first time... but guess wut? it was by another TSX!!!!!!

i went to shoot some pics at fisherman's dwarf... no car beside me, i went back to my car
to get something, i saw a taiwanese family with TSX... came and park beside my car.

i got my stuff and i left.. when i was done i came to my car, the tsx was gone and

DAMN YOU SSM!.
ow.... that sux neo. Yeah, most of the time I will let my "defense" loose too when I see the person parking beside me is TSX as well... but I guess a lot of TSX is driven by old people here...

hey, may be they love TSX too, but they can't recognize ur car b/c u are "honda". lol. Don't be surprise man. I went dinner with that SSM little girl one night. When we leave and went to parking lot, her mom point at my car and asked "_____ (name of her daughter), are u able to drive a car that is this big?" Of course her daughter says "mom, what are u talking about, it is the same car as I am driving". :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
:rofl: :rofl:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
****!

after i made this post
i found a big ding on my passenger side door
****.. cause it's black tsx have big flat panels u can see that one very well

·
Premium Member
2,756 Posts
NeoChaser said:
****!

after i made this post
Fawk I hate that! I know ranting doesn't help but it would be nice for everyone to respect other's property right? :wizard:

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
NeoChaser said:
****!

after i made this post
Damn, that sucks.

That's where I got my first dent too.

If there's no paint scratching, you can try PDR - I did that for mine and it worked out great.

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
SAZABI said:
*snip* love *edit* SM little girl one night. When we leave and went to parking lot, *edit* is this big?" Of course her daughter says "mom, what are u talking about, it is the same *edit*. :rofl: :rofl:

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
:lol:

Another post slaughtered, courtesy of the Canadian forum members. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
sorry to hear about....big one? can it be cover by touch up paint?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
NeoChaser said:
i know how u feel

DAMN YOU SSM!.
:rofl:

sorry Neo but this is too freaking funny....same car, same race, un-fecking-believable ! only in VC BC i guess. so many of you, you keep bumping into each other wahahaha

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
that cant be as bad as what happen to me, less than a week after i got the car, i got "hit and run"ed by a car a parkerplace mall, when i came our on my break to check the car, my rear quarter panel was smashed and rips.. I freaked out cuz had the car less than a week

·
(o'.')-o
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks for the support guys, even though there not that big, you can still see the marks. It was really easy for me to spot because I washed my car yesterday and it was spotless and it was just weird to come back to black spots on the rear bumper after seeing it so clean.

Here are the pictures

There pretty deep marks..you can see under the paint. I donno if I should touch it up or should I pay to get it repainted..

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
you should atlease cover it up or somthing, so that way water dosen't get underneith or else if water dose get in, the expansionand contraction will make the paint buble and start chipping from that spot, so i'd cover it for now with some touch up paint, and put a protective coating on top

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
....So now I got to decide if I should either do my own body work ( Sand…touch up paint..Sand) or should I take it to a body shop and pay 100-200 to get the bumper painted or should I just claim it? What do you guys think I should do?
hmmm, honestly don't look like someone one "dinged" you or hit you (no scratches) - odd spots those dings - look more like rock chips, but in the back ????
You sure you didn't back into something ?
Those look very minor I'd just get the touch-up paint from dealer and do it myself and save the $ for "rainy days" I mean you can't guarrantee shit don't happen like you back into something or someone hit you in the back...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts