Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Acura TSX, 77xxx miles

If I'm stopped, foot on the brake, and the A/C turns on, the car will make a groan sound for a second. It doesn't make the sound when the compressor turns off. And it never makes the sound if the A/C is off. I've only ever heard the sound if I'm holding the brake pedal down. I know the brakes use some sort of vacuum sytem, so I wonder if this might be related? It's been going on for about two weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've actually heard that in my wife's tsx as well.. Almost like something is rubbing agains the motor or chassis.. at first i thought it was something with the audio system but havent had a chance to look into it since i couldnt replicate the issue. But now that you bring up the point of the ac compressor and holding the brake i will see.

In for some input as well..

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
With the Auto the engine has a load on it at a stop, when the AC kicks the load becomes greater. Im not sure what this groan sounds like but I would assume its pretty normal if it goes away after the AC kicks on

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm...I had been thinking it wasn't normal since it didn't do it before. It almost sounds like a butterfly valve opening that needs some grease. The sound has gone away on its own, but we'll see if it comes back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts