Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have a A/T TSX with stock OEM wheels, want to go with a performance "all season" tire vice a "summer" tire.

Looking for a good performing tire that won't leave me stuck if I encounter snow. Any recommendations for what I should be shopping for? (Bridgestones are definitely off my shopping list.)

I bought this car about three years ago, what tires originally came on it?

TIA!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I recently bought a set of Continental DWS tires. They are considered by many the best all season tires available. The DWS stands for Dry, Wet, Snow... I don't see snow here often, not even seriously icy weather so far this winter, but have gotten to drive them in temps between 25F and 90F, all sorts of wet and dry and am very happy with the performance so far.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Continental DWS is a solid tire depending on your climate and what you are looking for in your next tires. Discount Tire Direct has a good selection of all-season tires in 215/50R-17 tires and guarantees the lowest delivered price on the internet.

If we can be of assistance in helping you choose your next tire please let us know.

if you would like to preview all the tires in this size here is a link to their website:

Search for Tires | Discount Tire Direct

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've been running the DWS all seasons for a year and they are amaze balls - I keep forgetting they offer a summer compound too which I've used many times before with great results.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of my tires started leaking badly, requiring air every 2-3 days so I had to make the jump. Costco has Bridgestone tires on sale this month, and that's a no-go for me. But they do carry two different sets of BFGs, and I went with the G-Force Comp-2 A/S tires. Had them installed yesterday.

They were a couple hundred less than a similar Bridgestone on sale, and far less than the Michelins that weren't on sale. Probably would have gone with Michelins if they were on sale this month, so my fingers are crossed.

One thing I immediately noticed was how quiet these new tires are now as compared to the older Bridgestones I removed. Sort of the difference between being in a library and a rock concert...lol I know these will probably get louder as they wear down, but I'll enjoy the quiet for now.

The old Bridgestones probably had 20K of tread left, but they were done. That's probably why I kept driving on them so long, even though they were noisy.

My "bottom line" recommendation: if the tires bother you that much, replace them! Don't wait over a year (like me) to make the jump.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was happy with the DWS for 50,000 miles and plan on going with the DWS06 but partly because they're the lightest tire in my size (235/40/18) and I'm running heavy wheels. I'd otherwise go with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+ which is much better in the snow than it's non-plus predecessor. Tirerack has it rated above the DWS06.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts