Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

New member here but I DO NOT own a TSX yet. Well, my girlfriend is about to buy a TSX and we have been shopping around for a 04 to 05. I am joining the forum to get some info from you TSX owners.

I myself am a car tuner. I drive a turbo honda prelude. I do like the TSX myself so I am glad she is buying one.

Now do you guys have any tips for me? She wants to buy a manual TSX, but she currently does not know how to drive it yet (I am trying to teach her).

Let me add some things. I am located in Toronto, Canada. My gf is ONLY looking for a white or black (preferably black TSX). I plan to black out the whole car (dark tints, tint tail lights and tail lights), lower it on hopefully coilovers, and possible get bolt on mods.

·
Banned
269 Posts
It will be a bit hard to find a MT. I owned a 05 AT and i loved the sports mode shifter on the car. It felt like i was driving a manual car! Now i own a 08 and its just as great!

It all falls down to do you really need a MT? Like is she really gonna commit to driving a manual car everyday?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be a bit hard to find a MT. I owned a 05 AT and i loved the sports mode shifter on the car. It felt like i was driving a manual car! Now i own a 08 and its just as great!

It all falls down to do you really need a MT? Like is she really gonna commit to driving a manual car everyday?
I've driven cars with paddle shift (GTR and M3).. Its just not the same. No matter how fast and sporty those cars are, these paddle shift and triptronic just isn't the same as good old manual transmission.

I've found quite a lot of MT TSX, but all the ones we were interested in have a tan interior. Which IMO is very ugly (again, that is just my opinion). How hard is it to find parts for black interior and switch it around?

·
Registered
14 Posts
To switch the interior color would cost quite a lot of money. In my opinion, keep looking for what you want. Use the money you would have spent switching colors to buy a car in better shape/less miles, and possibly get a nav version.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is fine. We are settled on this car:

04 white tsx black interior. 160k km, $8500.

it is a higher priced TSX from all the ones we saw, but it is also the most mint one out there. I can see the guy taking care of the car and he knows his stuff. He avoids potholes, parks in shade, doesn't red line it etc (of course this could be all just a front).

Only thing is that we noticed there was a gash on the driver side front and back door. Theres a indent line but no paint was removed.. weird..

My gf and I decided to get the white tsx and matte wrap it black

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.