Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Landers
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 ACURA TSX (Automatic) 168,000 Miles

Had corrosion building up on my battery so I cleaned it per youtube videos, then got tested at Advanced Autoparts. Also had them test the Alternator which seemed off and suggested getting replaced. I saw another youtube video with an 07 TSX at 170,000 miles on it and it was time for Alternator as well. Well, 4 days later, I noticed a humming sound from Alternator. Was coming home one night and my car just died in the middle of a busy road, lucikly someone jumped me and I got the car into a overnight diner parking lot. I put in a new battery the next morning and drove it to Mienike to get the Alternator replaced. {Here is issue} I suddenly heard a clunking or Springing sound when my RPM's dropped. Happened 2-3 times down 3 miles to the shop. Gears shifted fine, no sudden shifts, but once I dropped my RPMS in 2nd or 3rd gear it would make a Springing sound or almost like bed springs going from high to low.

I got it to the shop and tried to explain it. Got a call from shop later, they said it wasnt the alternator that was the root of the car dying, but the Timing belt Tensioner was loose and needed to be replaced, also time for a new alternator so $450 later, I pick up the car, humming sound is gone, alternator looks great, but the Springing sound started right when I drove off the street again. Im going to bring to shop again tomorrow and see if we can take a spin. Hoping its nothing major and really hoping it was nothing caused by myself when I got stuck that night in the road.. Any thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts