Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2009 TSX, it's a tech package and i've heard a lot of concerns about how the speakers blow so easily. I've only had this car a short amount of time and as of right now the sound system is awesome. I only crank the volume to level 20 or so and it bumps...it's loud, clear, and really sounds terrific in my opinion. I would very much like to keep it sounding that way so is there a level (volume #) that I should not exceed for long durations. Any kind of information would help me a ton. I do have a warranty for the next 4 years so if anything happens to the sound system I can take it in to get it fixed. Should I just go really hard all the time and expect to have it replaced/fixed every so often?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If you like the way it sounds i wouldnt tear it up for the sake of it. I would enjoy it.

As long as you dont distort the speakers you have, either through overpowering with the stock h/u or listening to a song with clipped or distorted sounds you shouldnt have a problem for a long time. Some people just like to push things wide open and leave it there, it sounds terrible and it kills speakers quick.

20 is ROUGHLY 66% of the power/control you have over the amp (believe it goes to 30?). From my experiences most sound systems max out around 50%-75% of the power/control allotted. Anything over that makes it sound like something is working to hard, either the amp or the speakers and you lose the music and get more noise.

This is only referencing the stock sound system. If you have an aftermarket system some of these points change.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts