Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it only sounds like its blown when i play linkin park, when i play rap its ok, when i play anything else its ok...is it the cd? or does neone else have this prob?

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
my passenger side rear deck speaker farts when i go above 20 on the volume playing 50cents- this is how we do. Only this song! i'm pretty sure i just blew the speaker. so its possible you blew the tweeter and just so happens that song linkin park has the exact note that makes the tweeter fart.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Hmm, I had thought I blew my Right Door speaker, Only when I listened to Zeppelins How the West Was Won Album... (funny I think im the youngest guy in this thread, and im listenin to Zeppelin) Think the Speakers on the TSX are a little weird, Went to Acura to see if they'd replace that speaker or something, and they totally blew me off... Then Went to a Car Audio Store, Spent 500$ and brought all new speakers, havent had a problem since (Except that stupid Icelink thing, thats not working right at all)

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
To test this, I would just disconnect the tweeter that is blown and see if you're still hearing the sound. The tweeters come out very easily. Just get a small flathead screwdriver and carefully pop the cover on. It's just held on by a single clip.

Also, does it sound like distortion, or just an instrument?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
i changed my back 6x9s but when i pump it up above 35, i hear a vibrating sound kinda, is there something loose with the sepakers?.... i mean theres nun in the compartments to make it vibrate so im pretty sure its something in the speakers

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
nope its the rear deck where the 6x9's are, theres nothing there really just a sheet of plastic, with some felt over it, so thats gonna vibrate and buckle a little w/ the extended power, especially with all that Bass

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
MemphisRheins said:
nope its the rear deck where the 6x9's are, theres nothing there really just a sheet of plastic, with some felt over it, so thats gonna vibrate and buckle a little w/ the extended power, especially with all that Bass
I agree with Memphis. Even when I changed the 6x9's, then I still heard rattling from the rear deck. One of the members from one of the other forums said he dynamatted that area and it helped a lot.

I ended up putting in a sub, so I just disconnected the 6x9's and took them out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I put a pair of Alumapro 8s in my rear deck and used plenty of Cascade deadening, but the driver's side seat belt mechanism rattles. Pretty much nothing you can do about it if that's rattling.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
radiodr said:
I put a pair of Alumapro 8s in my rear deck and used plenty of Cascade deadening, but the driver's side seat belt mechanism rattles. Pretty much nothing you can do about it if that's rattling.
That sounds cool!

Did you to do any cutting to put these ins?
Do the bottom of the subs/magnet clear the rods for the trunk underneath the deck?

Do you have any pics by chance? It would be awesome to see some!
I don't think I've heard of anyone that has put 8" in the deck. Many people have considered it, but a lot of them end up going with either a sub in the trunk, or 6x9 woofers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts