Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new to this.its my first post
Jst need u guys help..i have a 2010 tsx 2.4 im planning on putting a p2r throttle body spaceR and a AEM CAI. Jst wondering if with the spacer installed with the CAI will it messed up the clearance wen installing the CAI?

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
It's going to make it harder to put the CAI on. It pushes it out a bit farther. It's doable but the CAI will fit better with out it.

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Obert is right, makes the install a bit more difficult, not hard, but cutting/fitting the intake tube/couplers, and the mounting point, usually on the battery tie-down, will be off-set. I had the aem sri, and it went in quite easy, just needed a (1) new coupler @ 15° i seem to remember.
Just for info: the spacer is used if a) you want to install an aftermarket throttle, and the bolt pattern does not fit your intake, or if the inlet diameter of the new throttle has to be 'reduced' to fit your intakes inlet diameter (So there is no 'step/ledge' to cause unwanted turbulence)
b) you want to install a monitoring sensor (MAF - Mass Air Flow/IAT - Inlet Air Temp)
c) you want to install a single shot nitrous nozzle, or a single shot Water/methanol.
d) you want to add a bit of 'bling' to your engine bay..

ACC-Man

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
No sir, none what so ever.....
Even if, like said installing a larger throttle.. if the bolt pattern & inlet dia fit without the spacer, then you'd have the same power/gains as if with it.. Looks, or installment 'helper/fitter/bolt-er-upper', no more, no less.

ACC-Man

Now mind you: If you go with a larger throttle (w/wo the spacer) you will need a retune!! You will be allowing more air into your engine, fuel levels would be the same (too lean/not enough fuel) and if not controlled/tuned, you could damage your engine, to the point of total fall-out.. Not enough fuel, the engine could run hot, too hot, and damage pistons/cylinders.. stuff you do not want broken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts