Acura TSX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously the tires will rub regardless since my car is relatively low. My concern is that my wheels will basically stick out as far as an 18x8.5 +28
Now, with 225/40/18 on an 8.5" rim, the tires would be stretched, which helps with rubbing a bit less. On a 7.5" rim, the tires aren't stretched at all, which means the tires will be sticking out more than an 18x8.5 +28...
I'm just thinking it's gunna rub really hard with the tires sticking out further :squint: I'm not looking to rip off my fender liners again.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
kinda confused at what you're asking. now are you considering spacers and concerned that the tire will be too bulgy?

·
5,412 Posts
I have 10mm spacers on my fronts and my wheel specs are 18x7.5 +48. That brings me to 2mm off your LE's. I have my front dampening set on max stiff cause I was rubbing too much. My front fenders a little flared out because of it and I also have a hairline crack in the paint (barely noticeable) due to a weirdly angled onramp that was angling up. Honestly, without a front camber kit, I wouldn't add more than 5mm in the front. Maybe I'm just conservative :dunno:.

I'm about as low as you are and have similar speced wheels and same size tires, so I see where you're coming from.

I would say just sell the wheels you have now and go with a set of wheels with the right specs and sizes. Thats what I'd do if I had to do it all over again and wanted a flush setup. Spacers are kind of a headache. Adapter type spacers sometimes requires you to cut OEM studs, while the slab type of spacers require you to get extended studs.

·
5,412 Posts
I say don't do it unless someone more experienced, like inked says otherwise. You do have a point though about the tire sizing. Your specs with spacers will be 18x8.5 +28, but you'll have the tire sizes of a 7.5, like you said.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
Yeah that's not gonna work unless you pull the shit out of your front fenders and even then you might rub depending on your drop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.