Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything special about the spark plugs used on the TSX?

With not having to touch the spark plugs for 110k it would seem that regular spark plugs are not used. I always have used Bosch platinums on my Integra but I certainly couldn't get 110k miles out of them.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
I remember Noel saying something special about them, dont remember, but gonna bump this thread for ya

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The CL9 uses Iridium type spark plugs from factory. They're the recommended specifications for i-VTEC DOHC engines. If you want to look for replacement types, ensure it's Iridium.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thought I'd share...

I just installed new Denso twin tip iridium plugs, and got a noticeable boost in power, mostly at low throttle and RPM and then at heavy throttle with the VTEC on. My buddy actually recommended the TT plugs for another car I have, and they worked so well I tried them on the TSX.

I was running stock NKG's, had about 50K on them and they didn't appear worn so I don't think the boost was due to replacing worn out plugs.

For the TSX the plugs are Denso 4702 (IK20TT). I used the gap they came with, which was just a little smaller than stock. Denso has videos and websites explaining why the twin tips should work better than the old design. I don't think it's a gimmic, I think it's a legit improvement in technology which wasn't available when my car was built. YMMV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts