Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My alignment has been very off on my car so I tried to take it to alignment twice, and they told me they could perform it, but it was not going to be any good. so I took it to an auto collision shop and told me and then was told it might need a pull from under the car. the mechanic said all the measurements were good and everything seem to be fine, the only thing was that the spindle was shorter out from one side about one fourth of an inch. i wanted to know exactly, of what the spindle consist of .since i might be buying it online or junk yard. would really prefer a new one but the cheapest is 320.00.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Do you have any mods done on the car?

Has the car been in a bad accident?

What are the symptoms of your poor alignment? I.e. Pulling, steering wheel not straight, burning through tires etc.

Cars are not exact and with each and every part having a tolerance, it may stack up to seem like things are way off. It's as close as it can be but that's the purpose of alignments or other adjustments. If I am imagining the "spindle measurement" correctly, 1/4" wouldn't be noticeable by eye and I personally wouldn't be too surprised at that. Now, if the car was struck in the side or you slammed into something enough to bend or shift the subframe then yes, I would be concerned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts