Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of right now i have tein s tech lowering springs along with the stock shocks with 60k miles on them. I know im going to have to replace the shocks soon and am going to be working on the suspension portion of the vehicle.

I love the way the vehicle rides right now and have no complaints, except for i would love to be able to adjust the height. I show the car pretty regularly and would love to be able to slam it before and raise it after. Is there anything that would allow me to keep the spring and shock and just allow me for adjustment?

I found these on heeltoeauto but am wondering if there is any out there that will allow me to use my tein springs and possibly be a little more inexpensive?

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/ground-...-03-07-honda-accord-04-08-acura-tsx-4516.html

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ground Control sleeves are your cheapest bet. Sell your Tein springs for $100 and you aren't in the hole too bad. Your stock shocks will blow pretty quick if you slam tho. And you'll get really bad control arm slapping.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I'm starting to think, but is there much of a difference in the springs?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as a change in the ride quality from my Tein to the ground control?

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
205 Posts
The lower you go with those the worse the ride will become. Since they will be under constant load. So ride quality will depend on ride height chosen.

I will let you know that KONI/GC is a proven setup and has been used for years.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Going low on those ground control, your ride quality will suffer. Just like Grounded said, once you go low, your shock will be already compressed so you lose shock travel. Basically, these sleeves are just adjustable preload and the less preload you have the more your ride quality will suck (generally - if the suspension is fine-tuned with higher spring rates etc. it can still ride well).

The Koni/GC combo is the best thing you can do honestly. And the Koni's have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this typical w all coilover setups?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is this typical w all coilover setups?

Yea, coilovers that have only preload adjustment (Tein, GC sleeves) will have this issue although the shock on Teins are usually shorter to allow to save some preload even while going low.

Others like Form Function, D2s, BC Racing etc, you spin the whole shock to maintain complete shock travel and maintain preload.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good information. I have never had experience w the ability to raise and lower the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.