Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
gold member chik
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone here consider putting on the "rims that spin" on their TSX? I really like them and want some. Hubby says NO. Also, any ideas as to where I could purchase some cheaply?
Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The spinning rims are sick!!!!

I want some to... I have the EXACT same car as you. do you have the wooden wheel, if not you gotta get it, it looks tight.... If I were you I would for sure spin on em'''.... those rims are crazy

·
gold member chik
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I just have the black leather steering wheel. Maybe I'll get one? Well, naaawwwww, I'd rather save up for some spinning rims!:D

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
They aren't cheap, but if you are looking for the ultimate bling and not performance....GET'EM!

·
Registered
116 Posts
try wheelmax.com, i think they sell some cheap ones

·
Registered
68 Posts
HYPERION-X said:
They aren't cheap, but if you are looking for the ultimate bling and not performance....GET'EM!
true. they are not cheap. it's like buying two sets of rims. the wheels and the spinners are sold separately.

IMO, it looks good but it is a useless modification that would sometimes add more fuel consumption considering that those wheels are heavy. i would put them on a TL or an RL but not on a TSX.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Plus they gonna get stolen the same day you put them on you know it takes 5 min to take them all off right? Friend put them on his Cadillac Escalade 2 days later he parked infront of his house comes out car isnt there they tow them the second they see them.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I have seen pickups/suvs with them, not cars. Anyone here have them??

·
Registered
68 Posts
i still say that spinners doesn't look right on a TSX. if you still want that chrome bling, why not just get a chromed out deep dished set of rims like these:

or if you really, really want it blinged out:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I saw this thread listed on "New Posts" this afternoon, but didn't pay any attention because I had no idea what "spinning rims" meant -- maybe some weird problem or something.

But then tonight I saw this Toyota stopped at an intersection (couldn't tell what model; probably debadged) -- with spinning rims. :donno:

I never saw anything like it before, never heard of it. I must admit it caught my attention, big time. I took a moment to sort of study it, to try to figure out what was going on.

I think I agree the TSX is better without them. But I bet the car would be sharp as hell.

BTW.....what is going on? How does this happen?

·
Registered
68 Posts

dude, where were you? those things are already out and about for the longest time that it's starting to get old cause you see them on every cadillac, yukon, tahoe, H2, etc. etc. gas guzzling SUVs.

anyway, their expensive cause you are basically buying two sets of rims. one set are the actual wheels that are mounted on your tires and the other set would be the spinners that are mounted on the center of the mentioned wheels. the spinners are counterbalanced so they give the effect that you are still in motion while you are on the stop light and you're moving slow or floating on the road while you're driving.

it looks good when it first came out but it's already starting to get played out. especially when these came out:

hubcap spinners

·
in search of PW threads
301 Posts
Myogi_Nightkid said:
dude, where were you? those things are already out and about for the longest time that it's starting to get old cause you see them on every cadillac, yukon, tahoe, H2, etc. etc. gas guzzling SUVs.
Must be a West Coast thing.

Like Larchmont, I was a "spinning rims" virgin until a couple of weeks ago. Then I saw spinners on a Buick. Darndest thing I ever saw.

·
Registered
68 Posts
dnb said:
Must be a West Coast thing.

Like Larchmont, I was a "spinning rims" virgin until a couple of weeks ago. Then I saw spinners on a Buick. Darndest thing I ever saw.
that's weird if it's just a west coast thing... oh it did start over here in the west coast... but then again... those things have been around and i'm actually surprised that not a lot of people from the east don't know about it.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
We at downunder knew about these showcar gear a long time ago. In fact, we imported the very first set into the country for a Jeep 4x4 on 20s. :laugh:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
for sure not a west coast thing. I live in wisconsin and I see them damn near everyday.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I see them sometimes on pickups and suvs, have not seen them on cars...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts