Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something I couldn't understand why Honda implemented a curved/slanted shift lever design, not only is it off centre but it can also cause mis-shifts. One of the improvements made by Spoon was to correct this with a replacement assembly that changes the shift lever back into a central straight position whilst reducing shift throws aka reducing shifting distances. @ ¥32,000 ~ Approximately $300 USD RRP, this is truly an essential upgrade if you find your current shifting with a "room for improvement".

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tough question to answer unless you've done this mod and driven both, quite frankly ... My impression of the OEM 6MT is quite ideal in shift distance even without any modifications, it's the off-centre that's a bigger concern thus Spoon addressed with a relevant change for their race car.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Joker said:
Thank you very much for the heads up Noel :thumbsup:
Joker - who now wants to do this upgrade :D
..but..but...it's not mugen!? :p

·
John Frusciante Wanna-be
345 Posts
Thanks for that link, Trish is extremly good looking!! as is the Car, i love it.. You have put lots of money into that thing. When i saw the upside-down Acura symbol, i thought vtec first... But i like it no matter what its for, your car is sweet!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you take off the shift boot to verify that the shifter is actually straight and not bend?

If so, that'll be interesting. Show us some pictures if you could.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You won't actually see it bend unless you remove the shift boot. Most people won't realize the difference actually. Unless, it might be truly straight.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Type-S Swiss said:
from the STD pic you have posted, is it actually in 1st gear or no gear is engaged?
Both pictures are taken in neutral. The shifter in first should be elevated forward left. Have you removed the shift boot to find out if the shifter is bent or straight?

johnej said:
Why is there a bend in the first place? and how does that effect the ability/or lack therof someone to shift gears?
My initial remarks - Something I couldn't understand why Honda implemented a curved/slanted shift lever design, not only is it off centre but it can also cause mis-shifts. One of the improvements made by Spoon was to correct this with a replacement assembly that changes the shift lever back into a central straight position whilst reducing shift throws aka reducing shifting distances.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.