Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where I could find the Spoon short shifter for the TSX, approx cost, and how difficult it is to install? I wanna start doing all the little things I can until next spring when the Cybernation kit should be ready!!! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Noel! How appropriate that you should be the one to answer this question for me b/c I believe it was your post that led me to believe that this is an essential upgrade. Hopefully they'll be able to tell me if I can install myself. I'll let you know what I find, and thanks again!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
No probs, it's not a hard installation/swap over. You'd however find removing the panels in place may be a PITA. Best to let a dealership do it if you don't want to take your pace in getting it done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So then you are saying that you do it from where the stick is itself inside the car? Like I can do it sitting in the driver's seat? I have a lot to learn! haha! I called both places yesterday and they both told me that it isn't marketed in the U.S. yet, but they both said they would order from Japan for me if I wanted it. Think acura dealership would do it for me?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Not sure whether your local dealership will do it for you, but yes it's a job that's done inside the car. Not under, not outside.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am installing a Phase shifter soon...Will update soon..Hopefully its the shift is as smooth and as buttery as spoon...else i uninstall it immediately..regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear ya...Spoon is such a respected name in the industry, and I don't wanna go through the trouble of installing and then uninstalling, but let me know what luck you have with the phase shifter.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The Phase shifter is an identical product to the Spoon shifter. Both are made by the same company. Neither of them are made by themselves. It won't exactly be buttery smooth, shift feel is rifle bolt - Crisp and sharp instead. The transmission fluid used generally determines how "smooth" the gears get engaged.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good News ! Phase shifter is smooth and sharp..The throw is reduced but not significant..Gear stick is position smack at the center...However I don't think the shift assembly is OEM by some other manufacturer...Its a modified phase one..I have to swop my original one with phase so my assembly will be modified and ended up on someone else's ride.

Any recommendations for gear knobs ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Arrow said:
Good News ! Phase shifter is smooth and sharp..The throw is reduced but not significant..Gear stick is position smack at the center...However I don't think the shift assembly is OEM by some other manufacturer...Its a modified phase one..I have to swop my original one with phase so my assembly will be modified and ended up on someone else's ride.

Any recommendations for gear knobs ?
Arrow,
Where did you get your Phase shifter from??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts