Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys im looking to put a Spoon spolier (or replica) on my NBP 06 TSX. I had a ebay m3 on my 05 TSX but it was abit too small. I like the look of the Spoon Lip. Now i cant get myself to fork out $400 plus for a lip spolier so i was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to buy a replica.

I tried ebay:
PAINTED ACURA 04-08 TSX ACCORD CL7 CL9 SP TRUNK SPOILER | eBay

But im waiting on a reply for this lip to see if its fiberglass.

I tried areocarparts where some of the other members got theres for around $150 ish.

Aero Car Parts located in Edmonton Alberta is your source for car suv and truck spoilers, accessories,remote starters,alarms, hid lights,neon lighting,plus much more...

He quoted me $400 now. I would just get a authentic spoon at that price or go with no spolier.

Any ideas where i can get a good quality one in NBP?

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
I'd say your first link for the painted ebay one is probably your cheapest bet.

I cannot comment in any way though on the quality of the product, paint or
any of that. or on its fitment and such. that you'd have to see for yourself.

I'm pretty sure I've seen others here with replica spoon spoilers. there was some
sort of group buy or sale or something at some point? not sure. but I know
this has come up before so surely there's people here with experience.

that first link is shipped and painted for under $200, that's not too bad. worth a
shot I suppose. but honestly, for that money, I'd looking into getting the flp one
from Marcus. I'd get an unpainted one in fiberglass or whatever his base material is.
and I'd have a local painter paint it. I think his painter is sub par.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
In for updates. I'd like to know of the material of the ebay one as well. My friend got an 11 TL spoiler painted from ebay and the paintwork was dead on.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i sent a message to the ebay seller and i will see what i get in response. Driving my car stock is killing me now lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the ones from racingraven were the fiberglass? I really wanna stay away from anything fiberglass.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
The Authentic Spoon ones are fiberglass too.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok there fiberglass, no hardware is included, and it needs to be glued/silconed on. I really don't want to do that. You think this can go on by double sided tape like the m3's? Glue/silcone is not my thing. What's your guys thoughts?

·
n/a
8,573 Posts
Ok there fiberglass, no hardware is included, and it needs to be glued/silconed on. I really don't want to do that. You think this can go on by double sided tape like the m3's? Glue/silcone is not my thing. What's your guys thoughts?
lol no glue necessary.. 3m tape will do

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright im on the fence would love a poly rear spoiler but cant find one for $200 lol. I will let you guys know if i pull the trigger soon.

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
i know a semilocal tsx club member with this spoiler and fitment and quality is great, ive considered buying this spoiler recently to get rid of the generic m3 lip spoiler

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
This may sound weird, but you know whats holding me back from putting on a spoiler (I like this one the most)?

I like how the trunk comes 5-10% (of the entire way) up when the trunk button is pressed..I dont want a spoiler to add weight causing it to just open up a little lol.

Anyone with this (since its fiberglass) can confirm it doesnt add a substantial amount of weight so that it still pops up? lol..

Weird request, I know...

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
For those wishing to mount this spoiler, this is what you're looking for, try this.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ebay has a 10% off auto parts and acessories. This spoiler is about $180 shipped. I think im going to give it a try.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alright just got a email from racingraven. This spolier has a hallo underside on it so 3m tape will not work. I think im going to pass on this spolier the seller is not that responsive and i feel like its not a quality product. Guess the generic m3 lip is what im going to go with :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts