Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have read a few threads on this product and finding conflicting information that I wish to be cleared. I would also welcome any insight on how these preform and anything else that would be helpful to know. Do you really have to remove the subframe or can you just lower it and install each collar individually? How long did the install take?

TIA

·
Registered
390 Posts
You don't have to remove the subframe, the collar can fit between the subframe and the frame when the subframe is lowered slightly.

I must say though, in my opinion, these are useless. A properly torqued subframe will not budge.

There is an informative thread on honda-tech in the roadrace forum about these.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You don't have to remove the subframe, the collar can fit between the subframe and the frame when the subframe is lowered slightly.

I must say though, in my opinion, these are useless. A properly torqued subframe will not budge.

There is an informative thread on honda-tech in the roadrace forum about these.
Well, Already ordered them and have a mech ready to install. Wanted to see if I lied to him saying you could lower vs complete removal of sub frame. I have read a few posts that state this changed the car a great deal. I just like the fact that it centers the subframe correctly.... Most alignment shops look at you funny when you ask to adjust the subframe. They just push out the tie rod ends instead of correcting the issue.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about any other comments on the rigid collar? Any other members that have installed this mod? Results?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, Had these babies installed this morning and I would so do it again. Much different then before, the car holds the road far better then it ever did. I can feel the road more, but not it a harsh way, just more stable. The car does not jump around from left to right on the highway. It just goes where you point it and actually made my alignment better. Very easy install and worth the price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.